If you’ve been diagnosed with mesothelioma or another asbestos-related disease, you may be entitled to compensation from a company that manufactured and sold asbestos-containing products. To find out if you have a case, and how much money you could receive, it is essential that you connect with the right mesothelioma law firm. Learn more about why Sokolove Law is regarded as a trusted mesothelioma law firm.
Mesothelioma Law Firms: Why Sokolove Law
Sokolove Law has been fighting for victims of asbestos exposure and mesothelioma for over 30 years. We are the first truly national law firm with an office and a licensed attorney in nearly every state. Our Founder Jim Sokolove’s passion and commitment to providing legal access and public service has helped bring justice and compensation to over 2,000 victims of asbestos-related diseases and cancers.
Our nationwide network of mesothelioma attorneys helps provide equal access to our nation’s court system — regardless of income or race. The national reach of Sokolove Law allows us to help victims in any state, and maximize the value of their cases and potential mesothelioma settlements.
Choosing a National Mesothelioma Law Firm Is Important
It all comes down to maximizing the compensation that mesothelioma victims may be entitled to. At Sokolove Law, we are not limited to filing mesothelioma lawsuit cases in certain states. As a national law firm, we will file wherever your mesothelioma or asbestos-related claim can be best litigated, maximizing the value of your case.
What You Need to Know About Mesothelioma Law Firms
An asbestos law firm, or a mesothelioma law firm, files claims on behalf of those suffering from asbestos-related diseases, such as mesothelioma. Firms practicing this type of law develop a deep understanding of the details involved in bringing justice to the victims and families impacted by this devastating disease.
The laws governing torts (civil actions), under which asbestos litigation falls, can be complex. Different states have different statutes, and important elements, such as the burden of proof, may be more rigorous or demanding in some states than in others. Therefore, it may be beneficial to work with an asbestos lawyer because these attorneys have made it a priority to keep up with the latest research, legal opinions and case law involving mesothelioma and other asbestos-related diseases. Mesothelioma lawyers, like Sokolove Law, maintain massive databases of information related to virtually every aspect of the asbestos industry.
Click to download additional information:
Questions to Ask When Looking for the Right Mesothelioma Lawyer
- When considering legal action, it’s wise to interview the lawyer and investigate their records. Ask your potential mesothelioma lawyer questions such as:
- How many years of experience does this mesothelioma law firm have?
- Will they take a case on a contingency basis?
- What are the typical outcomes of their mesothelioma cases? Out-of-court settlement? Win? Loss? Appeal?
- Will you be able to speak with members of the firm as needed? Will your calls be returned in a timely manner and your questions answered clearly?
- How many mesothelioma (not just asbestos) cases has this mesothelioma law firm handled?
- Will your case be handled on an individual basis, or “bundled” with several other similar cases? (This may hurt you if your case is a strong one, but can be helpful to weaker cases.)
- Does the firm have a network of mesothelioma lawyers nationwide who will share their research and expertise in order to build a solid case on your behalf?
- Will the law firm be handling your case personally? (At times mesothelioma law firms may refer your case to another firm that may be better suited to help in your situation — often providing you with the services of both their firm and another at no extra cost to you.)
These are excellent questions to ask when meeting with a mesothelioma law firm. Remember, it’s in your best interest to be comfortable with the law firm and attorneys that handle your case.
Sokolove Law has a staff of experienced mesothelioma paralegals that are here to help you and answer any questions you might have about filing a mesothelioma lawsuit. Don’t wait — request a free, legal consultation today.