When you or someone you love receives a mesothelioma diagnosis, it may be beneficial to you and your family to get in touch with a mesothelioma attorney to learn more about your legal options. Mesothelioma attorneys practice in the field of personal injury law, but they have a very specific focus on and understanding of this devastating disease caused by exposure to asbestos. A lawyer that handles mesothelioma cases knows the extreme impact this deadly cancer can have on families, as well as the laws related to asbestos exposure and the companies that put the public at risk.
The mesothelioma attorneys at Sokolove Law have over 3 decades of experience representing victims of asbestos exposure and their families. With an estimated $30 Billion available to mesothelioma victims in court-ordered trust funds, our lawyers fight for victims of asbestos exposure who may be entitled to compensation.
Choosing a Mesothelioma Lawyer
People who are diagnosed with mesothelioma may want to pursue a case against the company or companies whose negligence contributed to their disease. Since asbestos awards can be substantial, it’s understandable that victims and their families often decide to file lawsuits. If your life has been devastated by a mesothelioma diagnosis, and you want to explore legal options for compensation, it’s important that you do some research and choose the right mesothelioma law firm to handle your case.
5 Tips for Finding the Right Mesothelioma Lawyer for You
- Be Comfortable: You should be comfortable working with your mesothelioma lawyer; this attorney represents you. Throughout the process, you will be in frequent contact with your mesothelioma attorney and their paralegals. It is important to have a relationship based on mutual trust, understanding and respect.
- Experience in Asbestos Litigation: Your lawyer should have significant experience in litigating not only asbestos cases, but mesothelioma cases specifically. Mesothelioma cases can be complicated; therefore, it is critical to work with an attorney who has represented many other clients with mesothelioma.
- Network of Lawyers: Ask if the lawyer has a network of attorneys who can handle your case — no matter what state it should be filed in — to maximize your recovery. The state that may provide you with the maximum compensation is likely not the one closest to you. You want a lawyer who can represent you in the court where your case needs to be filed — wherever that is.
- Lawyer Fees and Costs: You likely want a lawyer that works on a “contingency” basis. This means that they only get paid if they recover money on your behalf from your mesothelioma case. You’ll want to work with a lawyer who advances all of the expenses and doesn’t ask you for payment up front.
- Trust Your Instincts: Most experienced mesothelioma attorneys charge a contingency fee of 40% of the recovery. Working with someone who charges less may be an indication that they are more interested in just getting a case than helping you.
Click to Download Additional Information
We Do Our Work at No Expense to You
The mesothelioma and asbestos attorneys at Sokolove Law will work on what is called a “contingency fee” basis. You will not be charged unless we win your case. If a judgment is awarded on your claim, the attorney’s compensation will be based on a percentage of the award. Your lawyer will work very hard to achieve the best outcome and potential mesothelioma settlement for your case.
Our staff of experienced mesothelioma paralegals is here to help and answer any questions you might have about filing a mesothelioma lawsuit. Don’t wait — request a free, legal consultation by filling out the form on this page.