This is an advertisement
Sep 08 2011Product Liability, Children's
A $5 million lawsuit has been filed in Dallas County Court by the parents of a 4-month-old infant who died after he was fed a formula additive that they allege was contaminated with bacteria – one day after the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) warned the product could cause a deadly condition called necrotizing enterocolitis (NEC).
Brayden Flowers was taking SimplyThick to help with his digestion, according to ConsumerAffairs.com. However, he developed diarrhea, constipation and apnea. On May 24, Brayden was found comatose in his crib. He died two days later.
His parents filed suit against SimplyThick, Thermo Pac, and Respiratory Instruments dba Medco Medical Supply.
The FDA is currently aware of 15 cases of NEC, including two deaths, involving premature infants who were fed SimplyThick for varying amounts of time. Signs and symptoms of NEC include appearance of a bloated abdominal area, appearance of illness, feeding intolerance, greenish-tinged (bile) vomiting and bloody stools.
If your infant has been injured by any defective children's product, you may be able to take legal action. Contact a product liability attorney at Sokolove Law to learn about your legal options.
This content requires support of iframes.
See a complete list of case types we handle »
Copyright © 2003-2013 Sokolove Law, LLC 93 Worcester Street, Suite 101, Wellesley, MA 02481
While Sokolove Law LLC maintains joint responsibility, most cases are referred to other attorneys for principal responsibility.