For those who are going through an incredibly difficult time after a recent mesothelioma diagnosis or adjusting to life without a loved one, the process of filing a lawsuit can often seem confusing and overwhelming. If you are unsure or have questions about filing a mesothelioma claim, the knowledgeable and friendly team at Sokolove Law is here to help you.
Why Choose Sokolove Law?
It is our goal to do whatever we can to put you and your family at ease.
With over 40 years of experience litigating claims, the legal team at Sokolove Law has recovered over $4.4 Billion for mesothelioma victims and their loved ones. Over the decades, we have encountered a wide range of cases. Therefore, we are well-suited to meet the demands of many different cases.
Each year, we process over 400 individual claims. With each case, we strive to maintain an individualized approach to each person’s unique circumstance.
Above all, we are on your side. When you work with Sokolove Law, we leverage all of our experience, knowledge, and resources on your behalf. We make the process of filing a claim as easy as possible for you. This helps you worry less about legal proceedings, so you can focus on your health and your family.
Who We Are
There are many factors that determine if you should file a mesothelioma claim. Similarly, there is a range of factors to consider when choosing a law firm to work with.
At Sokolove Law, we aim to provide our clients with the best legal expertise available. Our main goal is to provide legal assistance. However, we understand families are dealing with very emotional decisions. You may be caring for their loved ones or grieving a loss.
To minimize stress and provide our clients with the best legal experience we can possibly offer, we:
- Do the work for you: If you have mesothelioma, you should not have to worry about legal procedures. We do our very best to minimize all paperwork, expenses, stress, and long waits as much as possible.
- Travel to you: No matter where you are, when you work with our team, we come to you. Traveling to you also means we work around your schedule, on your time, and with consideration to your life’s priorities.
- Simplify legal procedures: In many cases, going to court or having to testify at a trial is not necessary. Many of our clients receive compensation without ever having to leave their home.
- Offer our services as a national law firm: Due to the nationwide reach of Sokolove Law, our firm can process your claim in any state. This allows us to maximize the value of your case and get your money faster than most local firms.
- Work on a contingency basis: When you work with Sokolove Law, there is no upfront cost to you. The firm only gets paid if you receive money for your claim. If your claim does not receive compensation, our firm does not receive any pay either. Working on a contingency basis lowers the risks for families if a claim is unsuccessful.
Again, we recognize and understand the many factors that go into choosing a law firm. When your future is on the line, you need one that is well-suited to you and your family. We will give you the attention you need and the respect you deserve.
Asbestos Bankruptcy Trusts Worth over $30 Billion
When you file a mesothelioma claim, you are not “suing” anyone in the traditional sense. Rather, asbestos companies were court-ordered to put aside money for future victims of asbestos and their families.
This means that mesothelioma claims are brought against the bankruptcy settlement trusts. These trusts were established by the companies that used asbestos, manufactured asbestos-containing products, and knowingly exposed employees and the American public to asbestos.
Courts ordered that money had to be set aside specifically for victims of asbestos-related diseases through trust funds. Combined, the trusts have an estimated value of over $30 Billion.
Like the brave men and women who were unknowingly exposed to toxic asbestos during their service, the U.S. military was also misled by the companies that provided them with asbestos-containing products and materials. In addition to filing a claim through asbestos trusts, U.S. veterans may be eligible for disability compensation.
Speak With a VA-Accredited Attorney
If you are a U.S. veteran, you may be able to receive disability compensation. Contact Sokolove Law to discuss available options with our accredited VA claims agents.
A Track Record of Excellence
Over its 40-year history, Sokolove Law has helped recover more than $4.4 Billion on behalf of mesothelioma victims and their families. While we cannot guarantee the value of your case, our firm always aims to maximize the amount of compensation awarded to victims.
- $40.1 Million Awarded to a Navy Veteran
- $8.2 Million Awarded to a Construction Worker
- $5.5 Million Awarded to an Industrial Insulation Worker
- $5.2 Million Awarded to an Auto Repair Worker
- $5.2 Million Awarded for Someone Affected by Secondhand Exposure to Asbestos
- $5.1 Million Awarded to a Manufacturing Laborer
- $5.1 Million Awarded to an Auto and Manufacturing Laborer
- $5.1 Million Awarded to an Electrician
- $5.1 Million Awarded to a Truck Driver and Roofer