For those who are going through an incredibly difficult time after a recent mesothelioma diagnosis or adjusting to life without a loved one, the process of filing a lawsuit can often seem confusing and overwhelming. If you are unsure or have questions about filing a mesothelioma claim, the knowledgeable and friendly team at Sokolove Law is here to help you.
Why Choose Sokolove Law?
It is our goal to do whatever we can to put you and your family at ease.
With over 40 years of experience litigating claims, the legal team at Sokolove Law has recovered over $4.3 Billion for mesothelioma victims and their loved ones. Given the decades’ worth of experience our team has, we have encountered a wide range of cases and are therefore well-suited to meet the demands of each individual circumstance.
Each year, we process over 400 individual claims. Still, even with this high volume of cases, we pride ourselves on maintaining an individualized approach to each and every person’s unique circumstance.
Above all, we are on your side. We aim to make the process of filing a claim as easy as possible for you so that you can worry less about legal proceedings and focus on your health and your family. In order to accomplish this goal, we make the mesothelioma claims process as fast and painless as we possibly can. If you select Sokolove Law to represent you, we will leverage our full experience, knowledge, resources, and commitment on your behalf.
Who We Are
There are many factors that go into a big decision like whether or not you should file a mesothelioma claim. Likewise, after you’ve made that choice, a range of factors might steer you toward choosing one particular law firm over another.
At Sokolove Law, we aim to provide our clients with the best legal expertise available. While our main goal is to provide legal assistance we understand families are dealing with very emotional decisions while caring for their loved ones or grieving a loss. To minimize stress and provide our clients with the best legal experience we can possibly offer, we:
- Do the work for you: Because our goal is for you to focus on your health and family first, we do our very best to minimize all paperwork, expenses, stress, and long waits as much as possible.
- Travel to you: No matter where you live or are located, when you work with our team, we come to you. Traveling to you and your residence also means we work around your schedule, on your time, and with consideration to your life’s priorities.
- Simplify legal procedures: In many cases, going to court or having to testify at trial is not necessary. Many of our clients receive compensation without ever having to leave their home.
- Offer our services as a national law firm: Due to the nationwide reach of Sokolove Law, our firm can process your claim in any state. This allows us to maximize the value of your case and get your money faster than most local firms.
- Work on a contingency basis: Sokolove Law accepts cases, visits potential clients, and works on all preparatory and case filing materials without any upfront cost to you. We only get paid if you receive money for your claim. If your claim does not receive compensation, our firm does not receive any pay either. Working on a contingency basis minimizes the risks for families in the event their claim is unsuccessful.
Again, we recognize and understand the many factors that go into choosing the law firm that’s best-suited to you and your family. Our strong foundational values and 40-year track record of success go a long way toward giving you the attention you need and the respect you deserve.
Asbestos Bankruptcy Trusts Worth over $30 Billion
A key thing to remember is that when you file a mesothelioma claim, you are not “suing” anyone — not in the traditional sense. Rather, when it comes to mesothelioma and asbestos-related disease lawsuits, asbestos companies were court-ordered to put aside money for future victims of asbestos and their families.
This means that mesothelioma claims are brought against the bankruptcy settlement trusts that were established by the companies that used asbestos, manufactured asbestos-containing products, and knowingly exposed employees and the American public to asbestos. These trusts were court-ordered to be set aside specifically for victims of asbestos-related diseases. Combined, the trusts have an estimated value of over $30 Billion.
Like the brave men and women who were unknowingly exposed to toxic asbestos during their service, the U.S. military was also misled by the companies that provided them with asbestos-containing products and materials. In addition to filing a claim through asbestos trusts, U.S. veterans may be eligible for disability compensation. Contact Sokolove Law to discuss available options with our accredited VA claims agents.
A Track Record of Excellence
Over its 40-year history, Sokolove Law has helped recover more than $4.3 Billion on behalf of mesothelioma victims and their families. While filing a claim is never a multi-million-dollar guarantee, our firm always aims to maximize the amount of compensation awarded to victims.
- $8.2 Million Awarded to a Construction Worker
- $5.5 Million Awarded to an Industrial Insulation Worker
- $5.2 Million Awarded to an Auto Repair Worker
- $5.2 Million Awarded for Someone Affected by Secondhand Exposure to Asbestos
- $5.1 Million Awarded to a Manufacturing Laborer
- $5.1 Million Awarded to an Auto and Manufacturing Laborer
- $5.1 Million Awarded to an Electrician
- $5.1 Million Awarded to a Truck Driver and Roofer