Another sad secondary asbestos story out of the UK is being reported that this time involves the mesothelioma death of a woman who was sickened because of her proximity to soldier who regularly worked with asbestos.
Sixty-six-year-old Helene Todd passed away from malignant mesothelioma in 2010 after battling the disease for seven months. Her illness likely was caused by asbestos fibers that were unknowingly tracked into her home by her husband John, who served in the military as a sergeant with the Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers in Germany from 1968-1979.
As part of his regular duties, John fixed vehicles that used asbestos products, and would often come home without changing out of his work clothes, according to The Mirror.
The Ministry of Defense has admitted that it was responsible for John and Helene’s asbestos exposure in the years since he worked on the vehicles. With Helene’s passing due to mesothelioma, John is in the process of pursuing a mesothelioma lawsuit on her behalf.
If you or a loved one has been exposed to asbestos and now have been diagnosed with mesothelioma, call Sokolove Law today to learn more about pursuing a mesothelioma lawsuit.