Let our experienced mesothelioma and asbestos lawyers fight for the compensation that you and your family deserve.
Choosing a Mesothelioma Lawyer
Since most mesothelioma cases are caused by exposure to asbestos while on the job, it is possible that exposure could have been prevented if workers had been warned about the hazards of asbestos or had been provided with proper safety gear when working with asbestos. A trained mesothelioma attorney can link asbestos exposure directly to mesothelioma and other asbestos-related diseases.
People who are diagnosed with mesothelioma – which usually claims the lives of patients within two years, if not much sooner – may feel that pursuing a case against the company or companies whose negligence contributed to their disease is beneficial to themselves and their loved ones. Since asbestos awards can sometimes be substantial, it’s understandable that victims and their families often decide to file suits. If you are among those individuals whose lives have been devastated by a mesothelioma diagnosis, and who want to explore legal options for compensation, it’s important that you do some research and choose the right mesothelioma law firm to handle your case.
Here are 5 Tips for Finding the Right Mesothelioma Lawyer for You
- Be comfortable: You should be comfortable working with your mesothelioma lawyer; this attorney represents you. Throughout the process, you will be in frequent contact with your mesothelioma attorney and their paralegals. It should be important to have a relationship based on mutual trust, understanding and respect.
- Experience in asbestos litigation: Your lawyer should have significant experience in litigating not only asbestos cases, but actual mesothelioma cases. Mesothelioma cases can be complicated; therefore it is critical to work with an attorney who has represented many other clients with mesothelioma.
- Network of Lawyers: Ask if the lawyer has a network of attorneys who can handle your case no matter what state it should be filed in to maximize your recovery. The state that may provide you with the maximum compensation is likely not the one closest to you and you want a lawyer who can represent you in the court where your case should be filed, wherever that is.
- Lawyer fees and costs: You likely want a lawyer that works on a “contingency” basis. This means that they only get paid if they recover money on your behalf from your mesothelioma case. You’ll want to work with a lawyer who advances all of the expenses on your behalf and doesn’t ask you for payment up front.
- Trust your instincts: Most experienced mesothelioma attorneys charge a contingent fee of forty percent of the recovery. Working with someone who charges less may be an indication that they are more interested in just getting a case than helping you.
Our staff of experienced mesothelioma lawyers and paralegals is a team of specialized, trained individuals who are here to help understand your unique situation, and answer any questions you might have about filing a mesothelioma lawsuit. Don’t wait – request a free consultation by filling out the contact form on this page.