At Sokolove Law, we measure ourselves by our clients’ satisfaction, and we’re proud of our track record. Our asbestos team has filed thousands of successful mesothelioma lawsuits for clients throughout the U.S. We’ve recovered over $3.6 Billion for mesothelioma victims and their families.
After all, you didn’t deserve this disease, but you deserve to be compensated for your pain and suffering.
An estimated $30 Billion for mesothelioma cases has been set aside to help victims of asbestos exposure cover their medical expenses, lost wages, and living expenses. Here are just a few of the mesothelioma lawsuit settlements our mesothelioma lawyers have won for their clients:
Manual laborer receives $6.5 Million settlement
A man developed mesothelioma after working as a gas station attendant, boilermaker, maintenance worker, assembler, and steelworker, among other jobs. He filed a lawsuit, claiming his employers neither utilized best practices nor used available alternatives to asbestos. 143 corporations were named in the lawsuit. The victim and his family received a settlement of $6.5 Million.
Navy veteran awarded $40 Million settlement
A New York jury awarded a $40.1 Million verdict to a U.S. Navy veteran who was diagnosed with mesothelioma after being exposed to asbestos-containing gaskets made by Goodyear while working as a boiler tender and fireman aboard seven ships during the Vietnam and Korean wars. The jury deliberated for two hours before making its determination.
Welder secured a nearly $7 Million settlement
Following a New York jury trial that resulted in a $4.8 Million verdict for a welder, a judge granted a request submitted by our trial team to increase the amount to $6.8 million. This marked the first time in New York asbestos litigation history that a jury’s award was judicially increased.
Pipefitter receives $10.5 Million settlement
After experiencing ongoing chest and back pain, a man underwent diagnostic tests and exploratory surgery. A subsequent biopsy resulted in a diagnosis of mesothelioma. The victim had extensive exposure to asbestos-containing products from a young age, working primarily as a pipefitter and maintenance man in refineries and foundries in the West and Southwest. The victim received settlements of $10.5 Million from multiple defendants.
Navy veteran and mechanic receives $5.5 Million settlement
A U.S. Navy veteran, who served in the 1970s, also worked for 3 decades as an auto mechanic and demolition laborer before going on disability as a result of mesothelioma. He received the diagnosis in 2009, after doctors did a follow-up exam related to a spot on one of his lungs. He received a settlement of $5.5 Million.
Every case is different, and prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. Compensation, if awarded, varies per client and is based on specific facts of the case.
Other Settlements Secured for Clients Include:
- $3.7 Million in settlements secured for a California construction worker diagnosed with mesothelioma in 2017
- $1.7 Million secured for a West Virginia truck driver diagnosed with mesothelioma
- $3.6 Million in settlements awarded to a union electrician from Missouri who was diagnosed with pleural mesothelioma in 2017
- $5.2 Million secured for the family of a Nevada mechanic and forklift operator who died from mesothelioma in 2014
- $4 Million in settlements awarded to the family of a California boiler worker who passed away from mesothelioma
- $2 Million secured for a Navy officer from Maine diagnosed with mesothelioma in 2015
- $6.5 Million secured for a California laborer who worked in offshore drilling Industry and was diagnosed with peritoneal mesothelioma
- $3.5 Million awarded for an Iowa roofer diagnosed with mesothelioma in 2016
- $3.4 Million awarded to an Army veteran and laborer who lives in Colorado and was diagnosed with pleural mesothelioma in 2015
- $1.5 Million awarded to a systems engineer from Connecticut diagnosed with mesothelioma
- $3 Million secured for the family of an Oklahoma oil worker who passed away from mesothelioma in 2014
- $1.6 Million awarded to a Wisconsin union laborer diagnosed with mesothelioma who also experienced second exposure from his father’s work as an auto mechanic.
- $3 Million secured for the family of an Army veteran and union electrician from New Jersey who died of mesothelioma in 2015
- $2.9 Million secured for an auto mechanic living in Minnesota who was diagnosed with mesothelioma
- $1.3 Million secured for a South Carolina mechanic and Army veteran diagnosed with mesothelioma
- $3.5 Million awarded to a Navy pipefitter and union insulator from Virginia who passed away from mesothelioma in 2012