Car Accidents in Worcester, MA
Every year, thousands of car accidents take place across the state of Massachusetts — and many of them occur in the city of Worcester.
Since 2020, there have been over 14,000 passenger vehicle crashes in the city of Worcester.
While accidents can range from minor to severe, they may result in physical pain, emotional distress, and costly property damage. Whether or not you’re able to recover compensation for these injuries often depends on what caused the car accident to occur.
Around 93% of all car accidents are caused by human error and negligence, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
Causes of car accidents in Worcester include:
- Distracted driving: Driving while using a phone, eating, or doing other tasks that take your attention away from the road and result in a car accident.
- Driving under the influence: Using drugs or alcohol impairs a driver’s ability to operate their vehicle in a safe and orderly manner.
- Reckless driving: Failing to signal before changing lanes, running red lights, and driving through intersections without looking puts yourself and other drivers at risk.
- Speeding: Going over the speed limit can increase the likelihood of accidents and serious injuries.
While the actions of a driver are often to blame for car accidents in Worcester, a small percentage of accidents can also be caused by factors like mechanical failures, wildlife, and poor weather conditions.
In fact, the first snow of 2022 resulted in more than 50 car crashes in a single day throughout the city of Worcester.
How roads and traffic lights are set up may also impact the likelihood of a car accident. Unfortunately, data has shown that car accidents are far more likely to happen in some areas of Worcester than others.
Where Do Car Accidents Take Place in Worcester?
According to the Massachusetts Department of Transportation (DOT), Worcester has some of the most dangerous intersections in the state.
Common Worcester crash sites include:
- Canterbury Street & Gardner Street
- Chandler Street & Mason Street
- Chandler Street & Piedmont Street
- East Central Street & Summer Street
- Kelley Square & Water Street
- Lincoln Street & Catharine Street
- Madison Street & Southbridge Street
- Main Street & Chandler Street
- Main Street & Mill Street
- Mountain Street West & Brooks Street
- Park Avenue & May Street
- Park Avenue & Pleasant Street
- Park Avenue & Salisbury Street
- Southbridge Street & Hammond Street
- Sunderland Road & Southwest Cutoff
If you were injured in a car accident, our Worcester crash attorneys may be able to help you take action and pursue the compensation you deserve.
Common Worcester Car Wreck Injuries
Injuries from a car crash can be life-altering. Many drivers may require continued care after an accident, like physical therapy and medication.
This is especially true for victims of commercial vehicle accidents, as trucks can weigh thousands of pounds more than a passenger vehicle.
Common car crash injuries include:
- Broken bones
- Cuts, bruises, or abrasions
- Injuries from airbags or seat belts
- Loss of hearing or vision
- Permanent scarring
- Organ damage
- Spinal cord injury
- Sprained muscles or torn ligaments
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Whiplash (neck injury)
While physical injuries may result in pain, disfigurement, and limited mobility, victims may also be left with emotional damage like anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
If you’ve been hurt in a car accident, you may be eligible to receive compensation through a Worcester car crash settlement or verdict.
Call (800) 995-1212 now to learn if you have a case.
How to File a Worcester Car Accident Lawsuit
At Sokolove Law, we are committed to breaking down the barriers that often keep people from filing a lawsuit, like financial resources, time constraints, and the complexity of the justice system.
If you have a case, our car accident lawyers will handle every step of the legal process for you, so you can focus on your health and your loved ones.
A Worcester car accident lawyer can:
- Provide you with a free case review to determine if you have a case
- Investigate the circumstances of your accident and gather evidence
- File your Worcester car lawsuit within any state-specific deadlines
- Negotiate a car accident settlement with the defendants on your behalf
If a settlement is unable to be reached, we’re prepared to present your case in court before a judge and jury.
Additionally, there are no upfront costs or hourly fees to work with our team. We only get paid if we secure compensation for you.
Let us handle the legal legwork for you. Reach out to our team today to get started.
Get the Help You Deserve
Our experienced car accident lawyers can help you understand your legal options during a free case review. Let us get you the money you deserve.
Get a Free Case Review
Our Past Car Accident Settlements in Massachusetts
If you are in a serious car accident, the insurance company of the person at fault may offer you a financial settlement following the crash.
Unfortunately, many insurance companies may offer settlements that don’t reflect the true value of your claim.
At Sokolove Law, our experienced automobile accident attorneys can fight to maximize the amount of compensation you receive and make sure that you have all of the financial support needed to fully recover.
Some of our past Massachusetts car crash settlements include:
In general, the more severe your injury is, the more money you may be entitled to.
Let us get you the money you deserve. Call (800) 995-1212 now to learn more about your legal options.
Get Help from Our Worcester Auto Accident Attorneys
At Sokolove Law, we have served the people of Massachusetts for over 40 years. Since then, we’ve recovered over $8.9 Billion for our clients across the country.
Our car crash lawyers in Worcester recognize the physical, financial, and emotional impacts that a serious accident can have on your life. We are prepared to fight on your behalf for the compensation you deserve.
Our attorneys work on a contingency-fee basis, which means you don’t have to pay anything unless we secure compensation for you.
Start your fight for justice today. Call (800) 995-1212 or fill out our contact form for a free, no-obligation case review.
Our Massachusetts Offices
44 School Street, Suite 400
Boston, MA 02108
1330 Boylston Street, Suite 400
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
Lawyer for a Car Accident in Worcester, MA FAQs
What are common causes of car accidents in Worcester, MA?
Common causes of Worcester car crashes include:
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Mechanical malfunctions
- Poor weather conditions
- Speeding or reckless driving
Not sure if a car crash in Worcester, MA was your fault? Contact Sokolove Law for a free legal case review. We can help you determine if you qualify for compensation.
What should I do if I’ve been in a Worcester car accident?
If you are involved in a car accident, the most important thing to do is seek medical attention if you have been injured.
Once medical needs have been met, you should:
- Call 911: Regardless of whether or not you or others involved in the crash have been injured, calling 911 is an important step to take to ensure that there is an accurate record of the accident.
- Collect evidence: Taking photos and videos, in addition to collecting eyewitness testimonies, can help you prove who was at fault in the accident if you choose to take legal action.
- Call a lawyer: A Worcester car accident attorney can help you maximize the compensation you may receive.
At Sokolove Law, our car crash lawyers have decades of experience helping victims who were injured through no fault of their own.
Call (800) 995-1212 today to learn if you have a case.
Do I need a Worcester auto accident lawyer?
Hiring an experienced attorney could be your best chance at increasing the amount of compensation you receive after a car accident.
Insurance companies may not offer you a settlement that reflects the full extent of your injuries and the cost of medical bills. They may even try to pressure victims into accepting these payouts.
Let us get you the money you deserve. Call (800) 995-1212 now to see if our Worcester car accident lawyers may be able to help.
How much do Worcester car accident lawyers cost?
At Sokolove Law, there are no upfront costs or hourly fees to work with our Worcester car accident attorneys.
We work on a contingency-fee-basis, which means we only get paid if your case results in compensation.
What factors determine a Worcester car crash settlement?
A Worcester car accident settlement can account for numerous factors, including:
- Current or future medical bills
- Emotional distress
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Severity of the injury
When you work with Sokolove Law, we'll fight hard to get you everything you're entitled to. Call (800) 995-1212 now to get started for free.
How long do I have to file a car accident lawsuit in Worcester?
You only have a limited amount of time to file a Worcester car crash lawsuit due to unique laws in each state known as the statute of limitations.
Once this deadline passes, you won’t be able to sue for your car accident again.
At Sokolove Law, we offer free, no-obligation case reviews. Fill out our contact form now to learn how our attorneys may be able to help you file a lawsuit and pursue compensation.
Sokolove Law Affiliations & Recognition
Our Professional Affiliations
- American Association of Justice
- Massachusetts State Bar Association
- National Trial Lawyers - Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys
- U.S. News & World Report - 2022 Best Law Firms / Best Lawyers
- Martindale-Hubbell - 2022 Peer-Reviewed for Ethical Standards and Legal Ability
Sokolove Law Local Reviews
- Better Business Bureau® (BBB) - A+ Rating since 2013
- Average Google Rating: 4.6/5
Local Service Areas
- Fall River
- New Bedford
- And more
Worcester Neighborhoods We Serve
- Beaver Brook
- Bell Hill
- Brittan Square
- Broadmeadow Brook
- Cambridge Street
- Canal District
- Central Worcester
- Cider Mill
- College Hill
- Columbus Park
- Crown Hill
- Downtown Worcester
- Elm Park
- Federal Square
- Forest Grove
- Grafton Hill
- Great Brook Valley
- Green Hill
- Green Island
- Hadwen Park
- Indian Hill
- Indian Lake East
- Lincoln Estate
- Lincoln Square
- Main South
- Mill Street
- Newton Square
- North Lincoln Street
- North Worcester
- Quinsigamond Village
- Salisbury Street
- South Worcester
- The Summit
- Union Hill
- University Park
- Vernon Hill
- Webster Square
- West Tatnuck
- Worcester Common
Worcester Zip Codes We Serve