Asbestos lung cancer settlements can award hundreds of thousands of dollars to patients and their loved ones, which can help pay for much-needed medical care. At Sokolove Law, our dedicated team has over 40 years of experience fighting for justice on behalf of those harmed by asbestos-related diseases like lung cancer.
As of November 2023, we’ve secured over $5.2 Billion for clients with asbestos-related diseases. Call (800) 647-3434 now to find out if you may be eligible for an asbestos lung cancer settlement.
How Much Are Lung Cancer Lawsuit Settlements?
Average asbestos lung cancer settlements are around $100,000. These amounts will vary from case to case based on the unique factors of a patient’s situation.
Lawsuit settlements paid out for lung cancer are designed to provide patients and their families with financial relief while also holding asbestos-related companies accountable for their actions.
Call (800) 647-3434 now to see if you may be eligible for asbestos lung cancer lawsuit settlements.
Our Past Asbestos Lung Cancer Compensation Amounts
At Sokolove Law, we’ve secured over $5.2 Billion for clients with lung cancer and other asbestos-related diseases across the country.
Some of our past asbestos lung cancer compensation amounts include:
- $1.6 Million for a plumber with asbestos lung cancer whose wife also got lung cancer from secondhand exposure and passed away
- $1 Million for a master electrician in New York with lung cancer
- $912,000 for a non-small cell lung cancer patient in West Virginia
- $825,000 for an Arizona steel mill worker with lung cancer
- $809,000 for a stage 4 lung cancer patient in North Carolina
- $760,000 for a Mississippi lung cancer patient who was exposed to asbestos in boiler rooms
- $757,000 for a steel worker in Ohio with asbestos on the lungs
While there’s never a guarantee of compensation in any case, our asbestos lung cancer lawyers will fight to maximize your settlement and get you everything you’re entitled to.
For over 40 years, Sokolove Law has fought on behalf of lung cancer patients, helping them secure compensation for care and hold asbestos companies accountable. See if we can fight for your family now too.
Get the Help You Deserve
Our experienced asbestos lung cancer lawyers can help you understand your legal options during a free case review. Let us get you the money you deserve.
Who Qualifies for Lung Cancer Settlements?
You may qualify for asbestos lung cancer settlements if you:
- Were diagnosed with lung cancer or another asbestos-related disease
- Are the immediate family member or estate representative of a lung cancer victim
If your loved one has already passed away from lung cancer, you may still be able to file an asbestos wrongful death claim on their behalf.
Even long-term smokers with a history of asbestos exposure may qualify for asbestos lung cancer settlements.
Not sure if you qualify? We can determine if you may be eligible for a lung cancer settlement during a free case review.
How to Seek Asbestos Lung Cancer Settlements
At Sokolove Law, our lung cancer lawyers will handle every step of the legal process for you, so you can focus on your health and loved ones.
Pursuing asbestos lung cancer settlements includes the following steps:
- Contact Sokolove Law: Our team can determine if you may be eligible for compensation from a lung cancer lawsuit during a free case review.
- Gather Evidence: We’ll collect evidence to prove where and when you were exposed to asbestos, including the specific asbestos-containing products that may have caused your illness.
- File an Asbestos Lung Cancer Claim: Your lawyers will file asbestos lung cancer claims against all of the companies responsible for your illness. If you were exposed to several asbestos-containing products, we can file multiple claims on your behalf.
- You Get Asbestos Lung Cancer Compensation: We’ll negotiate a lung cancer settlement with the defendants and fight to get you the compensation you deserve.
The majority of our clients don’t have to step foot in court. We can help you pursue lung cancer asbestos compensation from the comfort of your own home.
Call (800) 647-3434 now to take the first steps toward justice. It costs nothing to speak with us.
Determining Asbestos Lung Cancer Settlement Amounts
Asbestos lung cancer settlement amounts are influenced by many factors, which the defendant's legal team and your attorneys will consider during settlement negotiations.
Factors that can affect asbestos lung cancer settlement amounts include:
- Extent of Asbestos Exposure: If you were exposed to multiple products that contained asbestos, you may be eligible for compensation from each of the companies that contributed to your illness.
- Medical Expenses: The cost of lung cancer treatments often add up quickly, and these expenses can influence the settlement you may receive.
- Severity of Your Illness: How advanced your lung cancer is plays a role in determining compensation, as late-stage cancer may result in a greater possible settlement amount.
- Lost Wages: If you’re unable to work due to your lung cancer diagnosis, your loss of earning potential may be considered when determining your settlement amount.
- Strength of Evidence: We have warehouses of evidence on asbestos job site locations, products, and companies — and we can pinpoint and pursue compensation from all of the companies responsible.
- Experience of Your Lawyer: Working with an experienced asbestos lawyer may help you receive the most asbestos lung cancer compensation possible. For over 40 years, our firm has helped thousands of asbestos exposure victims across the country secure compensation for their illnesses.
Your legal team will evaluate each of these factors while fighting for the maximum asbestos lung cancer compensation available in your case.
Securing Asbestos Lung Cancer Compensation in All 50 States
At Sokolove Law, we’re committed to getting justice and compensation for asbestos lung cancer victims nationwide.
Our asbestos lung cancer lawyers have the experience and resources needed to stand up to the companies responsible for your illness — and there are no upfront costs or hourly fees to work with our team.
We’ve secured more than $5.2 Billion for our clients with asbestos-related diseases like lung cancer.
Asbestos Lung Cancer Settlement Fund FAQs
What is a lung cancer settlement?
A lung cancer settlement is legal compensation from the companies that may have caused your illness. Sadly, many companies that used asbestos in their products knew about the dangers but hid them to protect their profits.
If you or a loved one has lung cancer or another asbestos-related disease like mesothelioma, you may be eligible for compensation. Asbestos lung cancer settlements can help families pay for medical care, lost wages from missed work, and more.
Who is eligible for asbestos lung cancer compensation?
You may be eligible for asbestos lung cancer compensation if you or a loved one was exposed to asbestos and later diagnosed with lung cancer.
Not sure if or how you were exposed to asbestos? We can determine which asbestos-containing products you may have come into contact with.
Call (800) 647-3434 now to find out if you may be eligible for lung cancer compensation. It costs nothing to speak with our team.
How much is the average asbestos lung cancer settlement?
The average asbestos lung cancer settlement is $100,000. Settlement amounts may vary due to a number of different factors in each case.
At Sokolove Law, we’ll fight hard to get you everything you're entitled to. We've recovered over $5.2 Billion for clients with lung cancer and other asbestos-related diseases.
Find out if we may be able to help your family secure compensation during a free case review.
Do I qualify for an asbestos lung cancer settlement even if I smoked?
Yes. You may still qualify for asbestos lung cancer settlements if you have a history of smoking.
Even just a single exposure to asbestos can lead to lung cancer. If you developed lung cancer after being exposed to asbestos, you may be able to pursue a settlement — regardless of any other factors that may have impacted your health.
Does it cost anything to get asbestos lung cancer lawsuit settlements?
At Sokolove Law, there are no hourly fees or out-of-pocket costs to pursue asbestos lung cancer lawsuit settlements.
Our lung cancer attorneys work on a contingency-fee basis, which means we only get paid if we successfully secure compensation for you.
How long will it take to get asbestos lung cancer compensation?
The length of time it takes to get asbestos lung cancer compensation will vary based on the unique details of each case.
Our asbestos cancer lawyers will fight to get you the most compensation available in your case as quickly as possible.
Don’t wait until it’s too late. Call (800) 647-3434 now to find out if you have a case.