Speaking with a mesothelioma law firm is an important step for many. If you’ve been diagnosed with mesothelioma or another asbestos-related disease, you may be entitled to compensation from a company that manufactured and/or sold asbestos-containing products. To find out if you have a case, and how much money you could receive, it’s essential that you discuss your situation with the right mesothelioma law firm.
Call Sokolove Law or request a free legal consultation to learn more about the legal process and our firm’s experience in mesothelioma and asbestos related diseases.
Sokolove Law has been fighting for the victims of mesothelioma and asbestos exposure for nearly 40 years. We are the first truly national law firm with a licensed attorney in nearly every state. Our Founder Jim Sokolove’s passion and commitment has helped bring justice and compensation to over 5,000 victims of mesothelioma and asbestos-related diseases.
Our nationwide network of mesothelioma law firm attorneys helps provide equal access to our nation’s court system — regardless of a potential victim’s location, income, or race.
More than $3.6 Billion recovered for victims and families of mesothelioma and asbestos exposure.
The national reach of Sokolove Law allows us to help victims in any state, and to maximize the value of their cases and potential settlements.
Our goal is to maximize the compensation that a mesothelioma victim may be entitled to. What makes Sokolove Law unique is that we are not restricted to filing lawsuits in certain states. As a national law firm, we will file wherever a mesothelioma or asbestos-related claim can be best litigated, in order to increase the value of a case.
For more information, we recommend reading: 5 Tips for Finding the Right Mesothelioma Lawyer for You
A mesothelioma law firm, or a law firm that specializes in asbestos cases, files claims on behalf of those suffering from diseases triggered by asbestos, which includes mesothelioma. These firms develop a deep understanding of the nitty-gritty details involved in bringing justice to the victims and families impacted by these devastating diseases.
“Torts,” as they’re known, or, more commonly, “civil actions,” are part of an extremely complex area of the law. This is the area where asbestos litigation falls. All U.S. states have their own unique statutes, and these statues can vary on things like burden-of-proof, meaning one state’s requirements could be different – or even more demanding – than another’s.
That’s why it’s best to work with an experienced lawyer. Firms like Sokolove Law have for years prioritized keeping up with the latest mesothelioma research and asbestos-related legal developments. Sokolove Law maintains massive databases containing information related to virtually every aspect of the asbestos industry.
Whenever you’re considering legal action, it’s vital that you interview a potential law firm and check their past experience in mesothelioma claims, settlements and specialized legal experience.
Here are some questions you might ask if you were looking to partner with a mesothelioma law firm:
– How many years of experience does your mesothelioma law firm have?
– Will you take my case on a contingency basis?
– What are the typical outcomes of your mesothelioma cases? Out-of-court settlement? Win? Loss? Appeal?
– Will I be able to speak with members of your law firm as needed? Will my calls be returned promptly and your questions answered clearly?
– How many mesothelioma (not just asbestos) cases or claims has your law firm handled?
– Will my case be handled on an individual basis, or “bundled” with several other similar cases? (This may hurt you if your case is a strong one, but could be helpful with “weaker” cases.)
– Does your mesothelioma law firm have a nationwide network of attorneys and lawyers who will share their research and expertise in order to build a solid case on my behalf?
– Will your law firm be handling my case personally? (At times law firms may refer your case to another firm that may be better suited to help in your situation — often providing you with the services of both their firm and another at no extra cost to you.)
Remember, it’s in your best interest to be comfortable with the mesothelioma law firm and attorneys that handle your case.
Sokolove Law’s staff of experienced mesothelioma paralegals is here to help you and to answer any questions you might have about filing a mesothelioma lawsuit. Don’t wait — request a free legal consultation today.