Too often long-term disability claims are denied by insurance carriers looking out for their own financial best interests, instead of the health and well-being of those they insure.
At Sokolove Law, our long-term disability denial lawyers may be able to help you appeal the denial and secure any benefits you may be owed. Call (800) 995-1212 now for a free case review.
Do I Need a Lawyer for Long-Term Disability?
Hiring a long-term disability denial attorney can be the best way to appeal your insurer’s decision and pursue any benefits you may be entitled to.
Appealing a denied claim may feel like an overwhelming task, and it can be difficult to know what mistakes — if any — led to your claim being denied.
Our denied disability lawyers can help:
- Put together a dedicated, personalized legal team to work on your behalf
- Develop a strong appeal with a higher probability of success
- Level the playing field between you and the large insurance company that denied your claim
- Provide confidence, knowledge, and support as we navigate the process together
- Seek the compensation you need to cover car payments, groceries, medical expenses, rent or mortgage payments, and more while you’re unable to work
Our long-term disability denial lawyers can guide you through each step of the appeal process, working to both minimize any disruptions to your life and maximize the amount of disability pay in your case.
Contact Sokolove Law today to learn if our long-term disability insurance claim lawyers can help you fight for the compensation you deserve.
Why Choose Long-Term Disability Lawyers with Sokolove Law?
At Sokolove Law, our long-term disability attorneys are compassionate, experienced, and prepared to help people who have been denied long-term disability pursue benefits and compensation for their medical conditions.
Learn how Sokolove Law stands out from other long-term disability law firms:
- 40+ Years of Experience: Since 1979, Sokolove Law has helped people fight for the justice they deserve.
- Billions Recovered Nationwide: We’ve secured over $9.3 Billion total for our clients across all cases, including more than $129 Million from denied disability claims.
- Attorneys Across the U.S.: Our lawyers for long-term disability denial can help sick or injured workers across the country, regardless of what state your claim was denied in.
- No Financial Risk: There are no upfront or hourly fees to work with Sokolove Law. We only get paid if we successfully recover compensation for you.
- Access to Key Resources: Our LTD attorneys have collected vital evidence about many insurance companies that have a history of wrongfully denying long-term disability claims.
Call (800) 995-1212 now to learn more about how our long-term disability lawyers may be able to help you.
“Through all the ups and downs, Sokolove Law stood by my side. They guided me through the legal process, explaining everything in a way that made sense to me. With their expertise, I felt like I had a fighting chance.”
– Massachusetts Mechanic with a Denied Disability Claim
What Does a Long-Term Disability Denial Attorney Do?
At Sokolove Law, our long-term disability denial attorneys understand the complex laws governing long-term disability claims and know how to fight back against insurers on behalf of those with wrongfully denied claims.
Our long-term disability denial attorneys can:
- Gather evidence to support your claim: In order to better understand your situation, our attorneys will work with you to gather all of the necessary details about your circumstances and learn why your claim was denied by your insurer.
- File your appeal on time: During the appeal process, deadlines are firm. This makes it absolutely critical that your appeal is filed with your insurance carrier within the allotted time limit. Our attorneys will ensure your appeal is in the best possible condition before it’s filed.
- Fight for you in court (if possible): If your appeal is wrongfully denied, the long-term disability attorneys with Sokolove Law may be able to represent you in court and fight to overturn the insurance company’s decision to deny your claim.
By working with an experienced long-term disability attorney, you may have a better chance at filing an appeal that can withstand the scrutiny of a large insurance company.
Take a stand against the company that denied your claim. Contact us for a free, no-obligation case review now to get started.
5 Qualities of the Best Long-Term Disability Lawyer
Navigating the complex landscape of disability denial is not easy to do without a legal background. Skilled long-term disability denial attorneys have the experience and understanding needed to help you file an appeal that can withstand the challenges of a large insurance company.
At Sokolove Law, our experienced disability denial lawyers can listen to your story and assess your situation to ensure your rights are being protected.
To find the best long-term disability attorney for your appeal, be sure to look for these 5 qualities:
1. A Successful Track Record
At Sokolove Law, our long-term disability denial lawyers have recovered over $129 Million for workers facing wrongfully denied long-term disability claims.
Our team has the specific skills and knowledge needed to fight for any disability pay you may be entitled to. We can level the playing field between you and billion-dollar insurance companies.
“After a challenging legal battle, Sokolove Law achieved a favorable outcome, and I finally received the benefits I had paid for. I can’t express enough gratitude to Sokolove Law for being my ally in the fight. They stood by me and advocated for my rights.”
– Illinois Truck Driver with a Denied LTD Claim
2. Decades of Experience
For over 40 years, Sokolove Law has secured meaningful compensation on behalf of injured clients nationwide.
Our experienced long-term disability insurance attorneys know the methods insurance companies use to delay or deny claims — and we’ll fight to get you the benefits you deserve.
3. Nationwide Reach
When you work with Sokolove Law, you gain access to some of the best long-term disability denial attorneys in the country. Our team knows the individual laws of each state and has experience practicing across America.
With a national reach, we can help clients appeal long-term disability insurance denials in any state. Wherever you may be in the country, we have a long-term disability lawyer near you.
4. No Upfront Long-Term Disability Lawyer Fees
At Sokolove Law, we offer free, no-obligation case reviews and charge no upfront or out-of-pocket fees to help with your disability denial appeal.
Our long-term disability denial lawyers work on a contingency basis, which means we only get paid if we successfully secure disability benefits for you.
At Sokolove Law, our long-term disability denial lawyers will treat you with the respect and dignity you deserve while leveraging the firm’s considerable resources to build a thorough and strong appeal on your behalf.
Our long-term disability appeal attorneys have access to extensive databases of evidence and knowledge of the tactics used by companies to avoid paying out claims.
In fact, with our experience, it’s possible we’ve already helped other clients secure benefits from the insurance company that denied your claim.
Learn More About Your Options
If your LTD claim was denied, an experienced long-term disability denial attorney can help you understand your legal rights and options.
Sokolove Law: Denied Disability Lawyers in All 50 States
Sadly, long-term disability denial is very common. In fact, more than half of all LTD claims are denied by insurers. If you’ve received a denial letter — or if your appeal was denied — an experienced long-term disability insurance denial lawyer at Sokolove Law may be able to help.
Our long-term disability lawyers have fought on behalf of hardworking Americans who have had their long-term disability claims denied.
Over the last 40+ years, we’ve helped hundreds of families successfully navigate the appeal process, recovering over $129 Million on their behalf.
Long-Term Disability Insurance Denial Attorney FAQs
Should I hire a long-term disability attorney?
Hiring a long-term disability insurance denial attorney may improve your chances of successfully appealing your provider’s decision.
At Sokolove Law, our long-term disability lawyers can help:
- Gather evidence on your behalf
- Ensure paperwork is completed thoroughly
- Submit all documents within any deadlines
- Pursue the maximum amount of compensation possible
We will work to make the appeal process as stress-free as possible, so you can focus on your health and well-being. Call (800) 995-1212 now.
How can I find a long-term disability lawyer near me?
Regardless of where you are located, Sokolove Law may be able to help. Our nationwide network of long-term disability lawyers can handle denied LTD claims in any state.
If your claim was denied, seeking the help of a long-term disability appeal attorney is the best way to level the playing field between you and the insurance company during the appeal process.
Get a free case review now to learn more about LTD lawyers near you.
What happens if long-term disability is denied?
It can be extremely frustrating to receive a denial letter from your long-term disability insurance provider after filing a claim — especially when you’ve been diligently paying premiums for years.
However, it’s important to understand that a denial letter is not the end of the claims process. You do have the right to appeal your insurer’s decision.
By working with an experienced long-term disability denial attorney, you can get legal help filing a strong appeal with a higher probability of securing disability insurance benefits.
Call (800) 995-1212 now to learn more to learn more about how our long-term disability insurance lawyers may be able to help.
How does an LTD attorney fight claim denial?
If your insurance carrier has acted in bad faith by wrongfully denying your claim, a long-term disability denial attorney can work to fight the denial by:
- Reviewing the reason for your denial
- Gathering additional information, like medical records and relevant work duties
- Formally requesting an appeal on your behalf
- Taking legal action against the insurance company if your appeal is denied again
At Sokolove Law, we can do all of this for you and more — at no out-of-pocket cost. Our team only gets paid if you do. Get started now.
Can I sue my long-term disability insurance provider?
Yes. You may be able to file a lawsuit against your insurance provider if your long-term disability appeal was wrongfully denied.
A long-term disability denial lawyer can represent you in court and fight to have your denial overturned.
The laws that govern disability insurance claims are complex and vary in each state. The best way to learn more about any potential legal options you may have is to contact us to see if we can help with your case.
How much does a long-term disability lawyer cost?
When you work with a long-term disability appeal attorney at Sokolove Law, you won’t pay any upfront fees or out-of-pocket expenses.
Our long-term disability lawyers work on a contingency basis, which means we only get paid if your case results in compensation.
How does a denied disability attorney prove long-term disability?
At Sokolove Law, our long-term disability lawyers work to prove long-term disability by:
- Gathering medical records
- Working with health care professionals to verify your injury
- Showing that this injury meets the insurer's definition of a qualifying condition
- Proving that your injury prevents you from performing duties at work
- Completing and submitting a comprehensive appeal on your behalf
The best way to prove long-term disability after a denial letter is to work with an experienced law firm that has a long track record of success in appealing such decisions.
To learn more about how we may be able to help in your situation, contact Sokolove Law today.
Why are long-term disability insurance claims denied?
Disability claims may be routinely denied for any of the following reasons:
- Application errors
- Missing, inadequate, or insufficient medical information
- Failing to meet the insurer’s definition of a qualifying long-term disability
- Failure to disclose a pre-existing medical condition
- Video surveillance that counters a disability claim
An average of 67% of long-term disability claims are denied, according to the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA). That’s why it’s important to keep in mind that a denial is not the end of the process.
If your LTD claim was denied, our long-term disability insurance lawyers may be able to help you appeal the insurer’s decision and secure the benefits you deserve.
Fill out our contact form now to learn more about your legal options.