Erb’s palsy is often caused by a health care professional’s failure to respond to a difficult delivery properly or punctually. As a result, Erb’s palsy lawyers can fight on behalf of affected families to hold these parties accountable for their mistakes and seek justice for their child’s injury.
If an injury before, during, or right after birth caused your child to develop Erb’s palsy, you may be eligible for compensation.
Find out if you qualify by calling (800) 995-1212 or getting a free case review.
Why Work With an Erb’s Palsy Lawyer?
Erb’s palsy (also known as brachial plexus palsy) is an injury to the brachial plexus nerves, a network of nerves around the shoulder, that can affect the child’s ability to use their hand or arm.
Symptoms of Erb's palsy in children can be evident soon after birth or in a child's first years. Signs can include a limp arm, lack of movement in the baby’s arm or hand, or a decreased grip on the affected arm’s side.
What many don’t realize is that Erb’s palsy is often caused by a preventable birth injury. These injuries are often caused by medical errors or negligence during pregnancy or the birthing process.
However, getting answers from doctors or hospitals may be difficult without the help of an experienced Erb’s palsy injury lawyer.
By working with an Erb’s palsy lawyer, you may be able to:
- Hold negligent medical professionals responsible for their mistakes
- Seek justice for what happened to your family
- Pursue financial compensation that can help pay for your child’s medical expenses
- Help prevent other families from experiencing the same pain
If you believe your child has Erb’s palsy because of a medical professional’s mistake, contact Sokolove Law today by calling (800) 995-1212 or getting a free case review.
If you have a case, an Erb's palsy lawyer can help you fight for the compensation your family deserves.
Our Past Erb’s Palsy Lawsuit Results
Over the last 40 years, our medical malpractice lawyers have secured over $787 Million on behalf of families affected by birth injuries.
A few of our past Erb’s palsy settlements and verdicts include:
- $4.5 Million for a family in Illinois
- $2.85 Million for a family in Connecticut
- $2.75 Million for a Pennsylvania family
- $2 Million for a family in North Carolina
- $1.99 Million awarded to a New York family
- $975,000 awarded to a 6-year-old boy in Florida
Call (800) 995-1212 to see if you may be eligible for compensation from an Erb’s palsy claim.
What Do Erb’s Palsy Injury Attorneys Do?
At Sokolove Law, our registered nurses and Erb’s palsy injury attorneys are passionate advocates who strive to make a difference in the lives of others and improve the quality of life for children impacted by birth injuries like Erb’s palsy.
For decades, we’ve helped families across the country get the answers and financial compensation they need for their child’s care.
Together, our nurses and attorneys can help determine your eligibility to take action and handle the legal process on your behalf, so you can focus on your family.
Our Registered Nurses Support You
As an established birth injury law firm, Sokolove Law has registered nurses on staff with decades of labor and delivery experience.
Our registered nurses can:
- Listen to your story and help you understand what happened to your child
- Answer any questions you may have about medical care you were provided
- Discuss the legal resources available to you as you consider next steps
- Provide emotional support as your case progresses and after
“Any person who's had a child with a birth-related injury, I talk to them about what happened during their pregnancy, the delivery, and how the child is doing to see if it's something we can help with.”
– Kristin Proctor, Registered Nurse with Sokolove Law
Your Legal Team Fights for You
When you work with Sokolove Law, your Erb’s palsy lawyer and legal team are prepared to fight on your behalf and provide your family with a powerful voice in the legal system.
If you have a case, we may be able to help you:
- Understand if your child’s injury was the result of substandard care
- Determine whether taking legal action is the right choice for your family
- Gather evidence from medical records and experts to prove your case
- File an Erb’s palsy lawsuit within the statute of limitations (state-specific deadlines to take legal action)
- Negotiate Erb’s palsy settlements with the defendant(s) to help cover your child’s medical expenses
- Pursue an Erb’s palsy case verdict in court before a judge and jury
We can do all this and more — for no out-of-pocket or upfront costs. Our team only gets paid if you do, so there’s no financial risk to working with us.
Let us handle the legal process on your behalf — get a free case review today.
Learn More About Your Options
If you believe your child’s birth injury was the result of a medical mistake, an experienced Erb’s palsy lawyer can help you understand your legal options.
What to Look for in Erb’s Palsy Attorneys
Insurance companies and hospitals may attempt to conceal the causes and responsibility for birth injuries to avoid paying victims what they deserve.
Because of this, it’s very important to find an experienced Erb’s palsy injury attorney with the resources to take on these powerful organizations and fight for justice on your family’s behalf.
When choosing an Erb’s palsy injury attorney, be sure to look for a law firm with:
- Free Case Evaluations: The easiest way to see if you may be eligible to file a birth injury lawsuit over your child’s injuries is to get a free legal case review.
- Offices and Attorneys Nationwide: As a national birth injury law firm, our Erb’s palsy attorneys can help clients from coast to coast get the results they deserve.
- Decades of Experience: Sokolove Law has over 40 years of experience pursuing compensation on behalf of clients who were injured through no fault of their own.
- A Track Record of Success: Our birth injury malpractice lawyers have secured over $787 Million for families affected by birth-related injuries like Erb’s palsy.
See if we can help with your Erb’s palsy malpractice case — call (800) 995-1212 now.
6 Questions to Ask an Erb’s Palsy Attorney
To find the best Erb’s palsy attorney for your case, make sure to ask them the following questions first:
- Have you handled Erb’s palsy cases before?
- Can you handle Erb's palsy claims nationally?
- How much have you secured in Erb’s palsy settlements and verdicts?
- Are there any hourly or upfront costs to work with you?
- Will I be able to get in touch with you when I need to?
- Is there a nurse on your staff who I can talk to?
See If Our Erb’s Palsy Lawyers Can Help
If you believe an injury that occurred before, during, or after your child’s birth may have contributed to their condition, contact Sokolove Law today.
Our Erb’s palsy lawyers may be able to help you pursue compensation for your child’s medical care, even if you don’t have an official diagnosis yet.
Over the last 40 years, we’ve recovered over $787 Million on behalf of families with children affected by birth injuries like Erb’s palsy.
Erb’s Palsy Attorney FAQs
Can you sue for Erb’s palsy?
In some cases, yes. If your child suffered an injury before, during, or after their delivery that caused them to develop Erb’s palsy, you may be able to sue the medical professionals or hospital responsible.
Don’t keep wondering what your options are. Get a free case review today to find out more about what happened — and what you can do about it.
Even if your child hasn’t been diagnosed yet, our team of registered nurses can listen to what’s going on and help determine if a preventable birth injury may be to blame.
Who is to blame for Erb’s palsy birth injuries?
Generally speaking, there are a number of different health care professionals who help with the delivery process and could make a mistake that results in a brachial plexus birth injury like Erb’s palsy.
Those potentially responsible for causing Erb’s palsy may include:
The doctors and medical professionals you saw while you were pregnant and those who were present during the birth of your child could have played a role in causing your child’s injury.
Depending on what happened, you may be able to hold them accountable and pursue compensation for your child’s care by taking legal action.
Get help determining if a medical mistake played a role in your child’s condition — call (800) 995-1212 now.
How does negligence cause Erb’s palsy?
Erb’s palsy is often the result of medical negligence or malpractice before, during, or after the birthing process — particularly in the case of difficult deliveries or breeches (when the baby is born bottom or feet first).
For instance, if one or both of the baby’s shoulders become stuck in the birth canal (shoulder dystocia), a doctor may attempt to pull harder on the baby’s head and shoulders or use forceps to pull the baby out, which can stretch a group of nerves called the brachial plexus and cause Erb’s palsy.
In some cases, if the doctor or health care provider had ordered a C-section (cesarean section) instead, the brachial plexus injury could have been avoided.
Not sure what happened in your case? Contact Sokolove Law today. Our registered nurses can help determine if medical malpractice or negligence played a role in your child having Erb’s palsy.
Why should I work with an Erb’s palsy lawyer?
Erb's palsy is a type of injury that’s often caused by a health care professional’s mistake. These injuries are unexpected and can cause a great deal of emotional and financial hardship for many families.
Families may be able to file a medical malpractice lawsuit to seek justice for their child’s injury — but doing so can be challenging if you’re unfamiliar with the laws surrounding this kind of case. That's why filing a legal claim with an experienced Erb’s palsy attorney can make such a significant difference.
Experienced birth injury attorneys can help you seek the compensation you need to pay for your child’s medical care, therapies, medications, assistive equipment, and more.
When should I contact a lawyer for Erb’s palsy?
If you believe a medical professional’s mistake or error could have contributed to your child’s condition, it’s important to contact an Erb’s palsy lawyer as soon as possible — even if you don’t have an official diagnosis yet.
There are laws in each state, called statutes of limitations, that restrict how long families affected by Erb’s palsy have to take legal action over these injuries.
Once the statute of limitations passes, you won’t be able to sue for Erb’s palsy again.
How much do Erb’s palsy lawyers cost?
Our Erb’s palsy attorneys work on what’s known as a contingency basis, which means there are no upfront fees. We only get paid if your case results in compensation.
How can I find a lawyer for Erb’s palsy near me?
Finding an Erb’s palsy injury lawyer near you is easier than you might think. As a national law firm, Sokolove Law is able to help families affected by birth-related injuries like Erb’s palsy and cerebral palsy all across the country.
Simply fill out our contact form to get started today. It costs nothing to see if you have an Erb’s palsy case.
How much is a brachial plexus injury case worth?
The value of an Erb’s palsy or brachial plexus injury claim varies according to a number of different factors in each case, including the:
- Severity of the brachial plexus injury
- Extent to which malpractice or negligence is to blame
- Amount of evidence in support of the claim
- Cost of past, current, and future medical expenses
While we can’t guarantee results in any case, we do have a history of success with these cases, having secured over $787 Million in birth injury settlements and verdicts nationwide.