Erb’s palsy lawyers work with families to examine the circumstances of a pregnancy and birth to establish the possibility and responsibility for preventable birth injuries. Getting answers from medical professionals or hospitals may be difficult without the help of an experienced Erb’s palsy lawyer.
If you think an injury before, during, or right after birth may have contributed to your child’s condition, you may be able to pursue financial compensation that can help pay for medical expenses and treatment.
Why Work With an Erb’s Palsy Lawyer?
Erb’s palsy (also known as brachial plexus palsy) is an injury to the brachial plexus nerves, a network of nerves around the shoulder, that can affect the child’s ability to use their hand or arm.
Symptoms of Erb’s palsy in children can be evident soon after birth or in a child’s first years and include a limp arm, lack of movement in the baby’s arm or hand, or a decreased grip on the affected arm’s side.
What many don’t realize, however, is that Erb’s palsy is often caused by a preventable birth injury or, in other words, an injury caused by medical errors or negligence during pregnancy or childbirth.
By working with an Erb’s palsy lawyer, you may be able to:
- Hold negligent medical professionals responsible for their mistakes
- Seek justice and financial compensation for your family
- Help prevent other families and children from experiencing the same thing
If you believe what happened to your child may be the result of a medical professional’s mistake, Erb’s palsy lawyers with Sokolove Law may be able to help you pursue compensation that can help pay for your child’s medical bills and treatment, even if you don’t have an official diagnosis yet.
Get a free case review today to see if we may be able to help your family pursue compensation.
Learn More About Your Options
If you believe your child’s birth injury was the result of a medical mistake, an experienced Erb’s palsy lawyer can help you understand your legal options.
What Do Erb’s Palsy Lawyers Do?
Medical malpractice attorneys working with Sokolove Law have decades of experience representing families in birth injury cases resulting from substandard care. We have worked with many parents to find answers and take the next steps to get the financial compensation that families need to plan for their child’s future.
Registered nurses and Erb’s palsy attorneys with Sokolove Law are passionate advocates who strive to make a difference in the lives of others and improve the quality of life for children impacted by birth injuries like Erb’s palsy.
Together, they can help you determine your legal options and handle the legal process on your behalf, so you can focus on your family.
Our Registered Nurses Support You
As an established birth injury law firm, Sokolove Law has registered nurses with decades of labor and delivery experience on staff who can:
- Listen to your story and help you understand what happened to your child during birth
- Speak with you about legal resources available to you as you consider next steps
- Answer any questions you may have
- Provide emotional support throughout the process
“Any person who’s had a child with a birth-related injury, I talk to them about what happened during their pregnancy, the delivery, and how the child is doing to see if it’s something we could assist with.”
– Kristin Proctor, Registered Nurse with Sokolove Law
Your Legal Team Fights for You
When you work with Sokolove Law, your Erb’s palsy lawyer and legal team may be able to help you:
- Understand if your child’s injury was a result of substandard care
- Determine whether taking legal action is the right choice for your family
- Gather evidence from medical records and experts to prove your case in court
- File an Erb’s palsy lawsuit on a contingency basis with no upfront fees
- Navigate the legal process within the statute of limitations (state-specific deadlines to take legal action)
- Seek Erb’s palsy compensation that can help cover your child’s medical expenses
Our Past Erb’s Palsy Lawsuit Results
Over the last 40 years, birth injury lawyers with Sokolove Law have secured over $717 Million on behalf of families affected by birth injuries, including the following Erb’s palsy lawsuit settlements and verdicts:
- $4.5 Million for the family of a child with Erb’s palsy
- $950,000 awarded to a 5-year-old girl with Erb’s palsy
- $2.75 Million for the family of a child affected by Erb’s palsy
- $975,000 awarded in the case of a 6-year-old boy in Florida who has Erb’s palsy
- $1.99 Million awarded to the family of a child impacted by Erb’s palsy
- $940,000 awarded to a mother who lost her child to Erb’s palsy complications
Get the Help You Deserve
You may be eligible for compensation. We may be able to help.
What to Look for in Erb’s Palsy Attorneys
Insurance companies and hospitals may attempt to conceal the causes and responsibility for birth injuries to avoid paying victims what they deserve, so it’s important to find an experienced Erb’s palsy attorney with the resources to take on these powerful organizations and fight for justice on your family’s behalf.
When choosing a Erb’s palsy attorney, be sure to look for a law firm that can offer you:
- Free Case Reviews: The easiest way to see if you may be eligible to file a birth injury lawsuit over your child’s injuries is to get a free, no-obligation legal case review.
- Nationwide Resources and Reach: As a national birth injury law firm, Erb’s palsy attorneys working with Sokolove Law can help clients from coast to coast get the results they deserve.
- Decades of Experience: Sokolove Law has over 40 years of experience pursuing compensation on behalf of injured clients.
- A Track Record of Success: Birth lawyers with Sokolove Law have secured over $717 Million for families affected by birth-related injuries like Erb’s palsy.
Questions to Ask an Erb’s Palsy Attorney
Before committing yourself to an Erb’s palsy attorney, be sure to ask them:
- Have you handled Erb’s palsy cases before?
- Can you handle Erb’s palsy cases nationally?
- Have you had success with Erb’s palsy lawsuits in the past?
- Is there a nurse on your staff who I can talk to?
- Will I be able to get in touch with you when I need to?
Get Help Pursuing Compensation with Sokolove Law
If you believe injuries that occurred before, during, or after birth may have contributed to your child’s condition, you may be able to take legal action to pursue compensation — and Erb’s palsy lawyers with Sokolove Law may be able to help.
Over the last 40 years, we’ve recovered over $717 Million on behalf of families with children affected by birth injuries like Erb’s palsy. Get a free case review today or call (800) 995-1212 to learn more about your legal options and how Sokolove Law can help.
Erb’s Palsy Lawyer FAQs
Why should I work with an Erb’s palsy lawyer?
Erb’s palsy is a type of injury that’s often caused by a health care professional’s mistake, and filing a medical negligence or malpractice lawsuit can be challenging if you’re unfamiliar with the laws surrounding this kind of case. That’s why filing a legal claim with an experienced attorney can make such a significant difference.
Experienced birth injury attorneys can help you seek the compensation you need to financially support your child’s medical care, therapies, medications, assistive equipment, and more.
Get a free case review today to see if our attorneys may be able to help with your case.
When should I contact an Erb’s palsy lawyer?
There are laws in each state, called statutes of limitations, that restrict how long families affected by birth injuries have to take legal action over these injuries.
If you believe a medical professional’s mistake or error could have contributed to your child’s condition, it’s important to contact an Erb’s palsy lawyer as soon as possible, even if you don’t have an official diagnosis yet.
How much do Erb’s palsy lawyers cost?
Most Erb’s palsy attorneys work on what’s known as a contingency basis, meaning there are no upfront fees. Our lawyers only get paid if you do.
How can I find a lawyer for Erb’s palsy near me?
Finding an Erb’s palsy lawyer near you is easier than you might think. As a national law firm, Sokolove Law is able to help families affected by birth-related injuries like Erb’s palsy and cerebral palsy all across the country.
Get a free case evaluation today to see if one of our attorneys may be able to help with your case.
How does negligence cause Erb’s palsy?
Erb’s palsy is often the result of medical negligence before, during, or after the birthing process, particularly in the case of difficult deliveries or breeches (when the baby is born bottom or feet first).
For instance, if one or both of the baby’s shoulders become stuck in the birth canal (called shoulder dystocia), a doctor may attempt to pull harder on the baby’s head and shoulders or use forceps to pull the baby out, which can stretch a group of nerves called the brachial plexus and cause Erb’s palsy.
In some cases, if the doctor or health care provider had ordered a C-section (cesarean section) instead, this brachial plexus injury could have been avoided.