Cerebral palsy lawyers work with families to examine the circumstances of a birth to establish the possibility and responsibility for any preventable birth injuries. Getting answers from medical practitioners or institutions may prove difficult without the help of a cerebral palsy attorney.
If you think an injury before, during, or after birth may have contributed to your child's condition, you may be able to pursue financial compensation that can help pay for medical expenses and treatment.
Why Work With a Cerebral Palsy Lawyer?
Caring for a disabled child can present serious financial and emotional challenges for a family. The lifetime cost of care for a person with cerebral palsy is nearly $1 Million, according to estimates by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
What many don’t realize, however, is that cerebral palsy is often caused by preventable birth injuries or an injury caused by medical errors or negligence during pregnancy or childbirth.
By working with a cerebral palsy lawyer, you may be able to:
- Hold negligent medical professionals accountable for their mistakes
- Seek justice and compensation for your family
- Help prevent other families from going through the same thing
If you believe your child’s cerebral palsy may be the result of a medical professional’s mistake, cerebral palsy lawyers with Sokolove Law may be able to help you pursue compensation that can help pay for your child’s treatment, even if you don’t have an official diagnosis yet.
Get a free case review today to see if your family may be entitled to compensation.
What Do Cerebral Palsy Lawyers Do?
Registered nurses and cerebral palsy attorneys with Sokolove Law are advocates who strive to make a difference in the lives of others and improve the quality of life for children affected by birth injuries like cerebral palsy. Together, they can help you determine your legal options and file your cerebral palsy claim.
Our Registered Nurses Support You
As an established birth injury law firm, Sokolove Law has registered nurses with decades of labor and delivery experience on staff who can:
- Listen to your story and help you understand what may have happened
- Speak with you about the legal resources available to you as you consider next steps
- Answer any questions you may have
- Provide emotional support throughout the process
“Any person who's had a child with a birth-related injury, I talk to them about what happened during their pregnancy, the delivery, and how the child is doing to see if it's something we could assist with.”
– Kristin Proctor, Registered Nurse with Sokolove Law
Your Legal Team Fights For You
When you work with Sokolove Law, your cerebral palsy lawyer and legal team can help you:
- Understand if your child’s injury may have been the result of a medical expert not providing the proper standard of care
- Determine whether taking legal action is the right choice for you and your family
- Prove your case in court by gathering evidence from medical records and experts
- File your cerebral palsy lawsuit on a contingency basis with no upfront fees
- Navigate the legal process within the statute of limitations (state-specific deadlines to take legal action)
Our Past Cerebral Palsy Compensation Results
Over the last 40 years, Sokolove Law has helped secure over $819 Million on behalf of families affected by birth injuries like cerebral palsy, including the following cerebral palsy settlements and verdicts:
- Over 10 Million secured for the family of a child with cerebral palsy
- $5.8 Million secured for a 1-year-old girl with cerebral palsy and microcephaly
- $9 Million awarded to the family of a 5-year-old with cerebral palsy
- Over $4 Million awarded to a 7-year-old child with cerebral palsy
- $8.9 Million awarded to the family of a child affected by cerebral palsy
Learn More About Your Options
If you believe your child’s birth injury was the result of a medical mistake, an experienced cerebral palsy lawyer can help you understand your legal options.
What to Look for in a Cerebral Palsy Attorney
It’s important to find an experienced cerebral palsy lawyer with the resources to take on powerful insurance companies that will do everything in their power to avoid paying legitimate victims what they deserve.
When choosing a cerebral palsy attorney, be sure to look for a law firm with:
- Free Case Reviews: The easiest way to see if you may be eligible to file a birth injury lawsuit over your child’s injuries is to get a free, no-obligation legal case review.
- A Nationwide Reach: As a national birth injury law firm, attorneys working with Sokolove Law can help clients from coast to coast get the results they deserve.
- Decades of Experience: Sokolove Law has over 40 years of experience pursuing compensation on behalf of injured clients.
- A Track Record of Success: Birth lawyers with Sokolove Law have secured over $819 Million for families affected by birth-related injuries like cerebral palsy.
Questions to Ask a Cerebral Palsy Lawyer
To find the best cerebral palsy lawyer for your birth injury case, be sure to ask the following questions:
- How long have you handled cerebral palsy medical malpractice cases?
- How many cerebral palsy cases have you handled?
- Have you had success with cerebral palsy lawsuits in the past?
- Can you handle cerebral palsy cases in my state?
- Will I have to travel to meet you?
- Is there a nurse on your staff who understands the challenges of cerebral palsy?
- Will I be able to get in touch with you when I need to?
Get Help from Experienced Cerebral Palsy Lawyers
If you believe a medical mistake may have been made before, during, or after your child’s birth that resulted in cerebral palsy, you may be entitled to compensation — and Sokolove Law may be able to help.
Medical malpractice lawyers working with Sokolove Law have decades of experience representing families in birth injury lawsuits. We have worked with many parents to find answers and take the next steps in getting the financial compensation that families need to plan for their child’s future.
Cerebral Palsy Lawyer FAQs
Why should I work with a cerebral palsy attorney?
Cerebral palsy is a birth injury that’s often caused by a medical professional’s mistakes, and filing a medical malpractice lawsuit can be very complicated if you’re unfamiliar with the legal system. That's why filing a legal claim with an experienced cerebral palsy attorney can make such a significant difference.
Moreso, cerebral palsy is a lifelong condition with no cure. The lifetime costs of caring for a child injured during birth are estimated to be nearly $1 Million, according to the CDC. Filing a lawsuit can provide meaningful financial assistance to families devastated by cerebral palsy and other birth injuries.
When should I contact a cerebral palsy lawyer?
There are state laws called statutes of limitations that limit how long you have to take legal action in cases like these. If you don’t act in time, you won’t have the opportunity to pursue compensation for your child’s injuries again.
For this reason, it’s incredibly important to contact a birth-related injury lawyer as soon as possible if you believe something may have happened before, during, or after birth that contributed to your child’s condition — even if your child hasn’t received an official cerebral palsy diagnosis yet.
We have registered nurses on staff who can listen to your story and help you understand what may have happened as well as what your next steps are.
How much do lawyers for cerebral palsy cases cost?
Cerebral palsy lawyers with Sokolove Law work on a contingency basis, which means there are no upfront fees for our services. We won’t get paid unless you do.
Have your birth lawyers had success with cerebral palsy cases in the past?
Yes, birth injury lawyers with Sokolove Law have recovered over $819 Million on behalf of families across the country who have been affected by birth injuries like cerebral palsy. Get a free consultation today to see if you may have a case we can help with too.
What types of cerebral palsy can a lawyer help with?
A birth injury attorney may be able to help with cerebral palsy cases that are caused by medical negligence or malpractice before, during, or immediately after birth. This can include the four main types of cerebral palsy, which are:
- Ataxic cerebral palsy
- Dyskinetic or athetoid cerebral palsy
- Mixed cerebral palsy
- Spastic cerebral palsy