Causes of Slip & Fall Accidents in Worcester, MA
There are many property hazards that can lead to a slip and fall accident, with the most common cause being unsafe floors, according to the National Floor Safety Institute.
Worcester slip and fall accidents can be caused by:
- Broken stairs or handrails
- Construction sites
- Cracked sidewalks or pavement
- Icy or snowy walkways that have not been properly cleared
- Narrow or steep stairways
- Torn carpeting
- Uneven flooring
- Wet or freshly mopped floors
Slip and fall accidents can also occur in many places, including homes or apartments, businesses, construction sites, nursing homes, parking lots, and work sites.
If you were injured from a slip and fall accident on someone else’s property, the owner of the property may be at fault. Call (800) 995-1212 now to find out more for free.
Understanding Premises Liability
Slip and fall cases fall into the legal category of premises liability, which means that the owner or occupant of a property has the legal responsibility to ensure the safety of individuals who enter the property lawfully.
A successful premises liability case must show the property owner:
- Created a dangerous condition or knew of a hazard on their property
- Had enough time to notice and address the danger on their property
- Failed to fix or properly warn visitors about the hazard
In most states, premises liability only applies to individuals who were allowed on the property. Trespassers injured on someone else’s property may not be eligible to pursue compensation through a slip and fall lawsuit.
At Sokolove Law, we provide free, no-obligation case reviews. Fill out our contact form now to see if you may be eligible to file a slip and fall lawsuit in Worcester.
Injuries from Worcester Slip and Falls
Injuries from a slip and fall accident can range from minor to severe. Sadly, in some cases, slips and falls may even result in fatalities.
In 2020, 14% of fatal workplace injuries in Massachusetts were caused by a slip, trip, or fall.
Common injuries from slipping and falling include:
- Concussions and head injuries
- Fractured or broken bones
- Spinal injuries
- Sprained or torn ligaments
- Traumatic brain injuries
If you believe that your injury was caused by a property owner’s failure to maintain a safe environment, you may be able to pursue compensation for your injuries.
How to File a Worcester Slip and Fall Lawsuit
At Sokolove Law, we are committed to breaking down the barriers that often keep people from filing a lawsuit, like financial resources, time constraints, and the complexity of the justice system.
If you have a case, our slip and fall lawyers will handle every step of the legal process for you, so you can focus on your health and healing journey.
Our slip and fall attorneys in Worcester can:
- Provide you with a free case review to determine if you have a case
- Investigate the circumstances of your accident and gather evidence
- File your Worcester slip and fall accident lawsuit within any state-specific deadlines
- Negotiate a slip and fall settlement with the defendants on your behalf
If a settlement is unable to be reached, we’re prepared to present your case in court before a judge and jury.
Additionally, there are no upfront costs or hourly fees to work with our team. We only get paid if we secure compensation for you.
Let us handle the legal legwork for you. Reach out to our team today to get started.
Get the Help You Deserve
Our experienced slip and fall lawyers can help you understand your legal options during a free case review. Let us get you the money you deserve.
Get a Free Case Review
Massachusetts Slip and Fall Settlements
For decades, our attorneys have fought for victims who were injured through no fault of their own. We’ve secured over $9.3 Billion for our clients nationwide, including those in Worcester.
Slip and fall accident settlements are determined by multiple factors in each case, including the:
- Severity of the injury
- Cost of medical care
- Lost wages from being unable to work
- Number of defendants
While there’s no guarantee of success in any case, our Worcester slip and fall lawyers will fight for the most compensation possible in your case.
Compensation from a slip and fall claim can help pay for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, funeral services, and more.
Let Our Worcester Slip and Fall Attorneys Fight for You
At Sokolove Law, we understand the physical and financial toll that an unexpected accident can have on your life — and our compassionate slip and fall lawyers in Worcester are prepared to fight for results on your behalf.
If you have a case, our legal team will thoroughly investigate the cause of your fall and identify any evidence that may help to prove your claim in court.
Let us get you the justice and compensation you deserve. Call (800) 995-1212 or fill out our contact form for a free, no-obligation case review.
Our Massachusetts Offices
44 School Street, Suite 400
Boston, MA 02108
1330 Boylston Street, Suite 400
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
Sokolove Law Affiliations & Recognition
Our Professional Affiliations
- American Association of Justice
- Massachusetts State Bar Association
- National Trial Lawyers - Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys
- U.S. News & World Report - 2022 Best Law Firms / Best Lawyers
- Martindale-Hubbell - 2022 Peer-Reviewed for Ethical Standards and Legal Ability
Sokolove Law Local Reviews
- Better Business Bureau® (BBB) - A+ Rating since 2013
- Average Google Rating: 4.6/5
Worcester Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer FAQs
What do you do after a slip and fall accident in Worcester?
After a slip and fall accident in Worcester, you should:
- Seek medical attention: If you’re injured, it’s important to first seek out the care you need. Call 911 to address any serious health concerns, or have someone nearby call for help. Since 911 calls are always recorded, this may also help to document your injury.
- Report the fall: Contact the property manager as soon as possible to alert them of your fall. Ask that they create a written report of the incident and provide you with a copy of the report.
- Document the incident: Take photos of the scene of your accident, especially anything that may have caused your fall. You should also consider collecting the contact information of any witnesses, in case your claim goes to court.
- Contact a Worcester slip and fall lawyer: An experienced attorney can help you navigate the complexities of a slip and fall case — and pursue compensation for your injuries.
At Sokolove Law, our slip and fall attorneys have decades of experience helping those who were hurt through no fault of their own.
Call (800) 995-1212 today to learn more about the legal options available to you.
When can you sue for slipping and falling?
You may be able to sue for slipping and falling if your accident was caused by someone else’s negligence.
Typically, lawsuits can be filed against a property owner or renter if they were aware of a hazard on the property but did not take the steps necessary to address it or warn visitors about it.
Our Worcester slip and fall accident lawyers can help you figure out your eligibility for free. Call (800) 995-1212 now to get started.
Do I need a slip and fall accident lawyer to sue?
While not required, it is highly recommended to hire a lawyer for a slip and fall case. Cases that deal with premises liability can be incredibly complex.
By working with an experienced attorney, you may improve your chances of getting compensation and holding the property owner responsible for your suffering accountable.
If you believe your injury was caused by a property owner’s negligence, fill out our contact form for a free, no-obligation case review.
What is the statute of limitations on a slip and fall in Massachusetts?
You only have a limited amount of time to file a Worcester slip and fall lawsuit due to unique laws in each state known as the statute of limitations.
Once this deadline passes, you won’t be able to sue for your accident again.
Fill out our contact form now to learn how our attorneys may be able to help you file a lawsuit and pursue compensation.
Local Service Areas
- Fall River
- New Bedford
- And more
Worcester Neighborhoods We Serve
- Beaver Brook
- Bell Hill
- Brittan Square
- Broadmeadow Brook
- Cambridge Street
- Canal District
- Central Worcester
- Cider Mill
- College Hill
- Columbus Park
- Crown Hill
- Downtown Worcester
- Elm Park
- Federal Square
- Forest Grove
- Grafton Hill
- Great Brook Valley
- Green Hill
- Green Island
- Hadwen Park
- Indian Hill
- Indian Lake East
- Lincoln Estate
- Lincoln Square
- Main South
- Mill Street
- Newton Square
- North Lincoln Street
- North Worcester
- Quinsigamond Village
- Salisbury Street
- South Worcester
- The Summit
- Union Hill
- University Park
- Vernon Hill
- Webster Square
- West Tatnuck
- Worcester Common
Worcester Zip Codes We Serve