Tepezza® (or teprotumumab) is an injectable drug used to treat thyroid eye disease (TED). The use of Tepezza, however, has recently been linked to permanent hearing loss and/or tinnitus, a ringing in the ears.
Call (800) 995-1212 or get a free case review today if you were given Tepezza and experienced hearing-related side effects. You may be eligible for compensation that we can fight for on your behalf.
What Is Tepezza?
Tepezza (the brand name of teprotumumab) is the first drug that’s been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to treat thyroid eye disease (TED), also known as Graves’ eye disease.
TED is a vision-threatening and progressive autoimmune disease often associated with hyperthyroidism (when your thyroid gland overproduces hormones). TED symptoms can prevent the eyelids from closing and cause bulging eyes, double vision, pain, and more. Tepezza infusions are used to help lessen these symptoms.
However, the link between Tepezza and hearing loss may be greater than previously known.
“In two clinical trials conducted before FDA approval of the drug [Tepezza], hearing problems were reported in 10% of patients. But this new study found that the rate could be as high as 65%, the researchers said.”
– UC San Diego Health
Thousands of Tepezza users may be at risk of debilitating and potentially permanent hearing-related side effects. Many believe drugmaker Horizon Therapeutics plc failed to:
- Adequately test the product to ensure its safety
- Warn patients about the risks of ear injury and permanent hearing damage
By filing a Tepezza lawsuit, Sokolove Law may be able to help you hold Horizon accountable and pursue compensation for your hearing damage.
See If You Can Take Action
Contact us today to learn more about your legal options — for free. Take the first steps toward justice now.
Tepezza Side Effects & Hearing Loss
Many TED patients were already facing the loss of their vision — now, sadly, they may also have to grapple with the loss of their hearing.
Tepezza may cause the following hearing-related side effects:
- Eustachian tube dysfunction
- Hyperacusis (a hearing disorder that involves sensitivity to sounds)
- Inability to hear as clearly or partial loss of hearing (hypoacusis)
- Hearing your own voice as too loud or echoing (autophony)
- Permanent loss of hearing (sensorineural hearing loss)
- Ringing in the ear (tinnitus)
If you or a loved one suffer hearing-related side effects after taking Tepezza, Sokolove Law may be to file a Tepezza lawsuit on your behalf and pursue compensation for your family.
Who Qualifies to File a Tepezza Lawsuit?
You may be able to file a Tepezza lawsuit if you or your loved:
- Received a teprotumumab or Tepezza infusion
- Suffered permanent hearing loss and/or tinnitus as a result
How to File a Tepezza Hearing Loss Lawsuit
At Sokolove Law, we know what a difficult time this must be for you and your family. We strive to make filing a lawsuit as stress-free as possible by handling every step of the legal process for you — at no out-of-pocket or upfront cost.
When you work with an experienced team of Tepezza lawyers, you just may be surprised by how little you actually have to do.
If you have a case, your Tepezza attorneys and legal team can:
- Verify your eligibility to take legal action during a free case evaluation
- Gather evidence like your medical records and testimony to build a strong case
- File your Tepezza lawsuit within any state deadlines known as statutes of limitations
- Negotiate Tepezza hearing loss lawsuit settlement amounts with the defendant(s)
- Present your case in a court trial where an outcome will be delivered in a verdict
Ready to Help 24/7
Have any questions about the legal process? A member of our team is available 24/7, and there's no cost to contact us.
Tepezza Hearing Loss Lawsuit Settlement Amounts & Verdicts
Generally speaking, compensation from a Tepezza lawsuit may be awarded in one of the following ways:
- Tepezza Settlements: If your legal team and the defendant can agree on an amount of compensation for your injuries, it’s known as a Tepezza lawsuit settlement
- Trial Verdicts: If a Tepezza settlement isn’t reached, your case may proceed to a trial in court, where a judge and/or jury will hear your claim and decide the outcome in a verdict
See if you qualify for compensation from a Tepezza lawsuit for free — call (800) 995-1212 now.
Find an Experienced Tepezza Lawyer for Your Case
Pharmaceutical companies like Horizon Therapeutics often have powerful legal teams to protect and defend their profits. You want a lawyer who will fight for you — and that’s just what Sokolove Law is prepared to do.
Why work with our Tepezza lawyers?
- Free Legal Consultations: Don’t keep wondering if you’re eligible to take legal action — find out now at no cost.
- Decades of Experience: For over 40 years, Sokolove Law has helped clients get justice and compensation for their injuries.
- Billions of Dollars in Results: We’ve secured over $8.8 Billion for clients across the country, including over $1.5 Billion specifically for families affected by dangerous drugs and medical devices.
- Offices & Attorneys Nationwide: As a national law firm, Sokolove Law can help with your case wherever you may be in the United States.
- We Only Get Paid If You Do: There are no out-of-pocket or upfront costs to work with our Tepezza attorneys.
Let us fight for the money you deserve — get started now.
Get Help Filing a Tepezza Lawsuit
If you or your loved one received Tepezza (teprotumumab) infusions and later experienced hearing loss or tinnitus, you deserve justice. Hearing-related side effects can be debilitating and leave many unable to work or live their lives to the fullest.
At Sokolove Law, our attorneys are compassionate with those who turn to us — and relentless with those who’ve done them wrong.
For over 40 years, we’ve helped clients injured through no fault of their own hold the companies that harmed them accountable. Let us put our decades of experience to work for you.
Note: Do not change medications without first consulting your doctor.
All brands are trademarks of their respective companies.
Tepezza Hearing Loss Lawsuit FAQs
Does Tepezza cause hearing loss?
Sadly, yes — Tepezza has been linked to many hearing-related side effects, including both a reduction in hearing (hypoacusis) and complete loss of hearing (deafness).
Is there a Tepezza hearing loss class action lawsuit?
Not yet — these cases have not been consolidated into a Tepezza hearing loss class action lawsuit or multidistrict litigation (MDL) at this time.
Instead, you may be able to file an individual Tepezza lawsuit for hearing loss or tinnitus and pursue compensation for your injuries.
Call (800) 995-1212 now to see if you qualify. Our team is available 24/7, and there’s no cost to contact us.
How much do lawyers for a Tepezza hearing loss lawsuit cost?
At Sokolove Law, there are no upfront or out-of-pocket costs to work with our Tepezza lawyers. We only get paid if your case results in compensation.
What is Tepezza used for?
As an intravenous (IV) medication, Tepezza is used to treat thyroid eye disease (TED or Graves’ eye disease) symptoms like:
- Blurred vision
- Bulging eyes
- Double vision
New research, however, has shown that Tepezza can cause ear injuries and hearing damage at a much higher rate than previously known.
Who is the Tepezza manufacturer?
Horizon Therapeutics plc is the manufacturer of Tepezza. You may be able to file a lawsuit against Horizon if you took Tepezza and experienced hearing-related side effects.
How long do Tepezza side effects last?
It depends. In some cases, Tepezza side effects may go away over the course of your treatment or last for a few months afterward.
That said, more clients than anticipated have reported suffering from permanent hearing loss and tinnitus (ringing in the ear), leading many to take legal action over their Tepezza side effects.
Is Tepezza hearing loss reversible?
Not always. Initially, studies found that the hearing-related side effects subsided within a few months of stopping Tepezza infusions.
However, new research shows that many cases of ear injuries and hearing loss from Tepezza were permanent and could not be reversed.
As a result, many patients and their families have turned to filing Tepezza lawsuits as a way to hold Horizon Therapeutics responsible. Contact Sokolove Law now to learn more.
What is TED?
TED stands for thyroid eye disease, an autoimmune condition that gets worse over time. In cases of TED, immune cells attack the thyroid gland as well as the adipose (fat) and fibroblast tissues around the eyes. This causes the tissue around the eyes to become inflamed and swell.
Who is affected by TED?
Thyroid eye disease (TED) is relatively rare and affects only a small portion of the U.S. population, according to the FDA. In general, TED impacts more women than men.
About 90% of TED cases occur alongside hyperthyroidism or Graves’ disease, which is why TED is sometimes also known as Graves’ orbitopathy or Graves’ eye disease.