Exactech® ankle, hip, and knee replacement devices have been recalled due to various potential health risks from the device breaking down or failing prematurely. In some cases, patients may need to undergo revision surgery.
If you or a loved one suffered side effects of an Exactech ankle, hip, or knee implant, call Sokolove Law at (800) 995-1212 or get a free legal case review today to learn more.
FDA-Recalled Exactech Ankle, Hip, & Knee Replacements: 2024 Update
In August 2021, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) announced a recall of a variety of Exactech knee and ankle replacements with polyethylene components and inserts, due to risk of device failure that could lead to health risks and require corrective revision surgery.
The recalled Exactech knee and ankle replacements devices were packaged in a way where the materials became vulnerable to oxidation. Oxidation can lead to accelerated debris production and bone loss, as well as component fatigue, cracking, or fracture.
In addition, Exactech has also issued a recall of certain orthopedic hip-implant components due to similar issues that can lead to injuries.
In October 2022, Exactech lawsuits across the country were approved to be consolidated into a multidistrict litigation (MDL) case.
If you suffered injuries from an Exactech ankle, hip, or knee replacement, you may be eligible for compensation from an Exactech lawsuit. Call (800) 995-1212 or get a free case review today to learn more.
List of Recalled Exactech Products
Included in the recall are certain Optetrak®, Optetrak Logic®, Truliant®, and Vantage® products made by Exactech as well as Connexion GXL liners in various Exactech hip implant products.
The symptoms of a loose ankle, knee, or hip replacement can be so painful or difficult to manage that corrective revision surgery is necessary to repair or replace the defective insert.
Exactech Ankle & Knee Replacement Recalled Products
- Optetrak® All-polyethylene CR Tibial Components
- Optetrak® All-polyethylene PS Tibial Components
- Optetrak® CR Tibial Inserts
- Optetrak® CR Slope Tibial Inserts
- Optetrak® PS Tibial Inserts
- Optetrak® HI-FLEX® PS Tibial Inserts
- Optetrak Logic® CR Tibial Inserts
- Optetrak Logic® CR Slope Tibial Inserts
- Optetrak Logic® CRC Tibial Inserts
- Optetrak Logic® PS Tibial Inserts
- Optetrak Logic® PSC Tibial Inserts
- Optetrak Logic® CC Tibial Inserts
- Truliant® CR Tibial Inserts
- Truliant® CR Slope Tibial Inserts
- Truliant® CRC Tibial Inserts
- Truliant® PS Tibial Inserts
- Truliant® PSC Tibial Inserts
- Vantage® Fixed-Bearing Liner Component
Exactech Hip Replacement Recalled Products
In addition to recalling knee and ankle implant products, Exactech has also issued a recall of certain hip-implant components.
The recalled Exactech Connexion GXL liners — an integral component in orthopedic hip implants — are used in the following systems of medical devices:
- Exactech Acumatch®
- Exactech MCS®
- Exactech Novation®
Side Effects of Exactech Implant Failures
According to the FDA, a number of health issues associated with the recalled Exactech implants have been reported.
Side effects from faulty Exactech hip, knee, and ankle replacement products may include:
- Clicking, grinding, popping, or other noises
- Inability to bear weight
- Instability in the knee, ankle, or hip
- New or worsening pain
- Osteolysis (or bone degeneration)
- Premature wear or device failure
- Revision surgery
Due to product failure, victims of faulty Exactech hip, knee, and ankle replacements may have to endure costly revision surgery to repair and/or replace the faulty product.
Who Can File a Lawsuit Against Exactech?
You may be eligible to file an Exactech recall lawsuit if you or your loved one:
- Have an Exactech hip, knee, or ankle implant
- Suffered side effects from the Exactech implant
- Had, scheduled, or were told you needed revision surgery
If you’re eligible, our experienced medical device lawyers can handle the legal process at no out-of-pocket costs to you and your family.
Not Sure If You're Eligible?
During a free, no-obligation case review, a member of our team can listen to your story and let you know what your legal options may be.
How to File an Exactech Recall Lawsuit
If you become a client of Sokolove Law, your Exactech recall attorney and legal team can handle every step of the legal process for you, so you can focus on your health and recovery during this difficult time.
While every case is different, the legal process generally involves us:
- Determining your eligibility to take legal action during a free case review
- Gathering the evidence needed to build a strong case on your behalf
- Filing the Exactech lawsuit within state deadlines known as statutes of limitations
- Pursuing compensation in the form of an Exactech lawsuit settlement or verdict
Exactech Ankle, Hip, & Knee Replacement Lawsuit Settlements & Verdicts
In general, Exactech recall lawsuits may provide clients with compensation in one of the following forms:
- Exactech Settlement: An Exactech ankle, hip, or knee replacement lawsuit settlement refers to when you and your legal team (the plaintiffs) and the device manufacturer (the defendant) agree on an amount of compensation for the injuries you experienced. This usually occurs before your case goes to trial.
- Exactech Verdict: If an Exactech settlement isn’t reached, your case will continue to trial in court, where a judge and jury will hear your case and reach a verdict that decides on an amount of compensation for your claim, though there’s no guarantee of success in trials.
Choosing Exactech Recall Lawyers
Choosing the right Exactech lawyer can feel like an overwhelming decision — especially when you aren’t quite sure what to look for.
To find an Exactech lawyer with the background, experience, and resources necessary to give your case the attention it deserves, be sure to look for a law firm that offers:
- Free Case Reviews: During a free, no-obligation case review, you can learn more about your eligibility to file an Exactech implant lawsuit.
- Decades of Experience: For over 40 years, Sokolove Law has helped injured clients and their families pursue financial compensation from the companies that harmed them.
- Nationwide Practice: Sokolove Law has a nationwide reach, which allows our attorneys to help injured people in any state.
- Legal Help at No Upfront Cost: There are no out-of-pocket fees to work with our attorneys. We only get paid if your case results in compensation.
- Successful Track Record: In total, our attorneys have secured more than $1.5 Billion on behalf of clients affected by dangerous medical devices and drugs.
If you become a client of Sokolove Law, our Exactech recall lawyers can handle every step of the legal process for you, from building your case to filing your Exactech claim within state deadlines.
Get Help Filing an Exactech Lawsuit
No patient should have to suffer unnecessary pain or injury as a result of a defective or faulty medical device. If you or someone you know has been injured by a recalled Exactech knee, ankle, or hip implant, then you may be eligible for compensation.
As a national law firm, Sokolove Law has over 40 years of experience fighting on behalf of victims of defective medical devices across the country.
In total, our defective medical implant attorneys have secured over $1.5 Billion for clients affected by faulty medical devices and dangerous drugs.
Exactech Recall Lawsuit FAQs
How much do attorneys for an Exactech ankle, hip, or knee replacement lawsuit cost?
Our Exactech recall lawyers work on a contingency basis, which means we only get paid if you do. There are no upfront or out-of-pocket costs to work with our lawyers for Exactech lawsuits.
What can patients with recalled Exactech implants do?
A patient who has an Exactech knee, ankle, or hip replacement should check to see if their implanted device was included in the Exactech recall.
In addition to contacting their medical providers, individuals should seek legal assistance right away if they have suffered any side effects due to a recalled product.
To learn if you may be eligible to file an Exactech lawsuit, contact Sokolove Law for a free legal case review.
What is Exactech?
Based in Florida, Exactech is a global medical device company that specializes in orthopedic implants like hip, ankle, and knee replacements.
What Exactech implants have been recalled?
According to the FDA, certain models of Optetrak, Optetrak Logic, and Truliant knee inserts and components, Vantage ankle components, and Connexion GXL liners in certain hip implant products have been recalled by Exactech.
How long do I have to file an Exactech lawsuit?
Unfortunately, you only have a limited amount of time to file an Exactech ankle, hip, or knee replacement lawsuit due to state laws called the statute of limitations.
These deadlines vary from state to state, so it’s important to contact an attorney as soon as possible after you start experiencing side effects of your Exactech implant.
If too much time passes, you won’t have the opportunity to take legal action over your injuries again.
Contact us today to learn more about your options and get started on the process.
What are the symptoms of a loose hip replacement?
The most common symptoms of a loose hip replacement can include:
- Frequent or recurring dislocations
- Popping or “clicking sounds”
If you experience any of these symptoms, it’s important to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Such symptoms could mean revision surgery may be required.
If you have an Exactech hip replacement and suffered these symptoms, you may be able to pursue compensation through a faulty or defective hip replacement lawsuit. Contact us today to learn more.
What are the symptoms of a bad or loose knee replacement?
Unfortunately, for many patients who undergo knee-replacement surgery, experiencing symptoms of a loose knee replacement is not uncommon.
In fact, the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons (AAHKS) notes that knee replacements have an annual failure rate of 0.5-1%.
Common symptoms of bad knee replacement may include:
- Decreased joint function
Persistent pain and swelling may indicate knee replacement loosening or infection. Patients who have an Exactech knee implant and have experienced side effects may be eligible to file an Exactech knee replacement lawsuit.
Contact Sokolove Law today to learn more about your potential legal options.
How much is an Exactech knee replacement lawsuit worth?
It can be difficult to predict the value of any case, and there’s never any guarantee of results.
Exactech knee replacement lawsuit settlement amounts will vary according to a number of different factors in each case, like the severity of the injuries, medical bills, lost income, and more.
How much is an Exactech hip replacement lawsuit worth?
Exactech hip replacement lawsuit settlement amounts are affected by various factors in each case, like the extent of your injuries, medical expenses, lost wages, and more.
This makes it difficult to predict the potential value of a case without knowing more details. It’s also important to note that no case guarantees results.