Ready to Help Whenever You Need Us
We know who to talk to, where to find answers, and what steps you need to take. Let us put more than 40 years of experience to work for you.
Life-Threatening Skin Reaction, Stevens Johnson Syndrome, Associated with Prescription and OTC Medications
Stevens Johnson Syndrome (SJS) and Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis (TEN) are rare but serious, often debilitating disorders affecting the skin and mucous membranes. In most cases, SJS is the result of a severe allergic reaction to a medication, including:
- or one of their generics
Symptoms of Stevens Johnson Syndrome
SJS and TEN can affect both men and women of all ages, as well as children. Treatment, which usually requires hospitalization, can take up to several months depending on the severity of the reaction. Signs and symptoms of SJS and TEN may include the following:
- A painful red or purple rash on the skin that spreads and blisters
- Blisters in the mouth, eyes, ears, nose, throat or genital area
- Persistent fever
- Flu-like symptoms (fever, headache, cough, body ache)
- Facial swelling, hives
- Swelling of the eyelids, red eyes, Conjunctivitis, corneal blisters and perforation
- Peeling and shedding of the skin
- Recent history of having taken a prescription or over-the-counter medication
If you or your loved one has suffered from Steven Johnson Syndrome, contact us today. Submit the form to the right and we’ll let you know if you have a case and if we can represent you.