Why You Can Sue for Cerebral Palsy in Worcester, MA
Cerebral palsy occurs when a child’s brain development is hindered in some way. Unfortunately, many of the injuries that can result in cerebral palsy stem from a medical professional’s mistake made during delivery, which is medical malpractice or negligence.
Between 85% and 90% of CP cases are congenital, meaning brain damage occurred before or during birth.
Causes of cerebral palsy can include:
- Bleeding in the brain
- Head trauma
- Lack of oxygen or blood flow to the brain
If a doctor or health care professional made a mistake that caused your child to develop cerebral palsy, you may be able to pursue compensation through a CP lawsuit — and hold those responsible for your child’s condition accountable.
What Medical Mistakes Cause Cerebral Palsy?
Medical malpractice can result in preventable birth injuries that take place before, during, or shortly after a child’s birth.
Examples of medical malpractice that can lead to cerebral palsy include:
- Failing to order a C-section for a difficult delivery, which may cause the child to become stuck in the birth canal and lose blood flow and oxygen to the brain
- Improperly using assisted delivery devices like forceps or vacuum extractors, as these tools can cause various injuries like brain bleeds and skull fractures
- Not noticing or treating jaundice, which may cause bilirubin to build up in the baby’s blood and result in a type of brain damage known as kernicterus
- Not setting up the delivery room or equipment in a timely manner, as this may cause the child to receive delayed care and suffer oxygen deprivation
Even if your child doesn’t have a diagnosis yet or you aren’t sure what happened, contact Sokolove Law today.
We have registered nurses on staff that can help you figure out if medical malpractice may have played a role in your child developing CP.
Want to Talk to a Nurse?
Get in touch with one of our registered nurses with extensive labor and delivery experience.
How Cerebral Palsy Lawyers in Worcester Can Help
At Sokolove Law, we are committed to breaking down the barriers that often keep people from filing a lawsuit, like financial resources, time constraints, and the complexity of the justice system.
If you have a case, our cerebral palsy lawyers will handle every step of the legal process for you, so you can focus on your loved ones.
Additionally, there are no upfront costs or hourly fees to work with our team. We only get paid if we secure compensation for you.
Our cerebral palsy lawyers in Worcester can:
- Provide you with a free case review to determine if you have a case
- Investigate your child’s injury and gather evidence to prove it could have been prevented
- File your Worcester cerebral palsy lawsuit within any state-specific deadlines
- Negotiate a cerebral palsy settlement with the defendants (a doctor, hospital, insurance company, or other medical professional)
If a settlement is unable to be reached, we’re prepared to present your case in court before a judge and jury.
Let us handle the legal legwork for you. Call (800) 995-1212 or fill out our contact form today to get started.
Our Past Cerebral Palsy Settlements and Verdicts
For decades, our attorneys have fought for those who were injured through no fault of their own and filed cerebral palsy lawsuits on their behalf. To date, we’ve secured over $834 Million for families impacted by birth injuries.
Our past Massachusetts settlements and verdicts for cerebral palsy include:
- $5 Million for a mother whose daughter suffered severe brain damage at birth
- $5 Million for a child with CP after suffering a birth injury
- $4.85 Million for a child who developed CP due to malpractice
- $3 Million for a child who suffered fetal distress and developed CP
- $2.4 Million for a child who developed CP after suffering multiple injuries
- $1.75 Million for a mother whose son has CP
- $1.75 Million for a mother whose twins suffered injuries at birth that led to cerebral palsy
While compensation is not guaranteed, our Worcester cerebral palsy lawyers will fight for the most compensation possible in your case.
Compensation from a cerebral palsy lawsuit can help pay for adaptive equipment, medications, caregiver expenses, and more.
Get the Help Your Child Deserves
If you have a case, our cerebral palsy lawyers can fight for the justice and compensation your family deserves.
Get a Free Case Review
Let Our Worcester Cerebral Palsy Attorneys Fight for You
As a national birth injury law firm, Sokolove Law has the resources, skills, and experience necessary to help you file a cerebral palsy lawsuit in Worcester.
Our lawyers are compassionate towards the families we serve, and relentless in our pursuit of justice on their behalf.
With registered nurses on staff and no out-of-pocket costs, we are prepared to help you navigate your next steps — wherever your family may be in your journey with CP.
Let us fight for you: Call (800) 995-1212 or fill out our contact form to get started today.
Our Massachusetts Offices
44 School Street, Suite 400
Boston, MA 02108
1330 Boylston Street, Suite 400
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
Worcester Cerebral Palsy Attorney FAQs
Is cerebral palsy caused by medical malpractice?
In many cases, yes. Approximately 85% of cerebral palsy cases involve brain damage that happens before or during the child’s birth — often by a doctor or medical team’s mistake.
Common medical errors that can result in cerebral palsy include not:
- Noticing or treating jaundice, which may result in a type of brain damage known as kernicterus
- Ordering a C-section for a difficult delivery
- Setting up the delivery room or equipment in time
- Using assisted delivery devices like forceps or vacuum extractors properly
Fill out our contact form to learn if you may be eligible to pursue compensation following your child’s injury.
Who can sue for cerebral palsy in Worcester?
You may be able to file a Worcester cerebral palsy lawsuit if:
- Your child has cerebral palsy
- Their CP was caused by a birth injury
- The injury was preventable and a medical professional is to blame
We have registered nurses on staff that can listen to your story and help you to determine if a medical professional may be at fault for your child’s injury.
Call (800) 995-1212 to learn more about your legal options. Our team is standing by 24/7 to answer any questions you may have.
How much does a Worcester cerebral palsy attorney charge?
At Sokolove Law, there are no hourly fees or out-of-pocket costs to work with our Worcester cerebral palsy attorneys.
We work on a contingency-fee-basis, which means we only get paid if your case results in compensation.
How long do I have to file a cerebral palsy lawsuit in Worcester, MA?
You only have a limited amount of time to file a Worcester cerebral palsy lawsuit due to unique laws in each state known as the statute of limitations.
Once this deadline passes, you won’t be able to sue for a birth injury again.
At Sokolove Law, we offer free, no-obligation case reviews. Fill out our contact form now to learn more about the legal options available to you.
Sokolove Law Affiliations & Recognition
Our Professional Affiliations
- American Association of Justice
- Massachusetts State Bar Association
- National Trial Lawyers - Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys
- U.S. News & World Report - 2022 Best Law Firms / Best Lawyers
- Martindale-Hubbell - 2022 Peer-Reviewed for Ethical Standards and Legal Ability
Sokolove Law Local Reviews
- Better Business Bureau® (BBB) - A+ Rating since 2013
- Average Google Rating: 4.6/5
Local Service Areas
- Fall River
- New Bedford
- And more
Worcester Neighborhoods We Serve
- Beaver Brook
- Bell Hill
- Brittan Square
- Broadmeadow Brook
- Cambridge Street
- Canal District
- Central Worcester
- Cider Mill
- College Hill
- Columbus Park
- Crown Hill
- Downtown Worcester
- Elm Park
- Federal Square
- Forest Grove
- Grafton Hill
- Great Brook Valley
- Green Hill
- Green Island
- Hadwen Park
- Indian Hill
- Indian Lake East
- Lincoln Estate
- Lincoln Square
- Main South
- Mill Street
- Newton Square
- North Lincoln Street
- North Worcester
- Quinsigamond Village
- Salisbury Street
- South Worcester
- The Summit
- Union Hill
- University Park
- Vernon Hill
- Webster Square
- West Tatnuck
- Worcester Common
Worcester Zip Codes We Serve
List of Worcester Hospitals and Their Safety Grades
The Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade is a letter grade that scores hospitals based on how well they protect patients from errors, injuries, accidents, and infections.
When compared to an A-rated hospital, your chance of dying increases by 35% in a B-rated hospital and 88% in a C-rated hospital. This research was conducted at the Armstrong Institute for Patient Safety and Quality, Johns Hopkins Medicine.
- St. Vincent Hospital
123 Summer Street
Worcester, MA 01608
Hospital Safety Grade: C
- UMass Memorial Medical Center — Memorial Campus
119 Belmont Street
Worcester, MA 01605
Hospital Safety Grade: C
- UMass Memorial Medical Center — University Campus
55 Lake Avenue N.
Worcester, MA 01655
Hospital Safety Grade: C