Common Causes of Erb’s Palsy in Worcester, MA
In a baby’s neck and shoulders, there is a network of nerves known as the brachial plexus. Damage to these nerves during the delivery process can cause your child to develop Erb’s palsy, which limits mobility in the arm and hand.
A brachial plexus injury often occurs when:
- A child becomes trapped in the birth canal due to size or positioning
- The nerves in the child’s shoulder and neck become stretched or torn as a health care provider works to deliver them
Sadly, in many cases, the brachial plexus injuries that cause Erb’s palsy could have been prevented if the medical professional followed the standard of care expected of them.
If a medical mistake caused your child to develop Erb’s palsy, you may be able to pursue compensation from an Erb’s palsy lawsuit — and hold those responsible for your child’s injuries accountable.
Erb’s Palsy & Medical Malpractice
Medical malpractice is when a doctor or health care professional fails to provide the standard of care expected of them, resulting in an injury to their patient.
Erb’s palsy medical malpractice can include the:
- Use of excessive force when pulling the baby’s head or arm from the mother’s birth canal, which can stretch the nerves in the baby’s neck or shoulders
- Failure to anticipate a complicated delivery or order a C-section, which could have prevented the nerve damage from occurring
- Misuse of forceps or vacuum extractors to free the baby from the womb
Our nurses have years of labor and delivery experience. They can listen to your story and determine if medical malpractice may have played a role in your child’s injuries.
“What I’ve learned from working in the hospital is what is supposed to happen or what we would expect to happen during a normal delivery. And it helps me be able to spot the red flags or situations that could potentially cause an injury to a child or a mother.”
– Kristin Proctor, Registered Nurse with Sokolove Law
Want to Talk to a Nurse?
Get in touch with one of our registered nurses with extensive labor and delivery experience.
How an Erb’s Palsy Lawyer in Worcester Can Help
At Sokolove Law, we are committed to removing the barriers that often prevent people from filing a lawsuit, including financial constraints, time limitations, and the complexities of the justice system.
If you have a case, our Erb’s palsy lawyers will handle every step of the legal process for you, so you can spend more time with your loved ones.
Our Erb’s palsy lawyers in Worcester can:
- Provide you with a free case review to determine if you have a case
- Investigate your child’s injury and gather evidence to prove malpractice or negligence
- File your Worcester Erb’s palsy lawsuit within any state-specific deadlines
- Negotiate an Erb’s palsy settlement with the defendants (a doctor, hospital, insurance company, or other medical professional)
If a settlement is unable to be reached, we’re prepared to present your case in court before a judge and jury.
There are no out-of-pocket costs or hourly fees to work with our team. We only get paid if we successfully secure compensation for you.
Let us handle the legal legwork for you. Call (800) 995-1212 or fill out our contact form today to get started.
Our Past Erb’s Palsy Settlements and Verdicts
For decades, our attorneys have fought for those who were injured through no fault of their own. To date, we’ve secured over $862 Million from birth injury lawsuits.
Our past settlements and verdicts for Erb’s palsy include:
- $2.75 Million awarded to the family of a child impacted by Erb’s palsy
- $975,000 for a 6-year-old boy with Erb’s palsy
- $4.5 Million awarded to the family of a child affected by Erb’s palsy
- $950,000 for a 5-year-old girl who has Erb’s palsy
- $1.99 Million for the family of a child with Erb’s palsy complications
While it is important to note that compensation is not guaranteed, our Worcester Erb’s palsy lawyers will fight for the most compensation possible in your case.
Compensation from an Erb’s palsy lawsuit can help you afford therapies and treatments for Erb’s palsy.
Let Our Worcester Erb’s Palsy Attorneys Fight for You
As a national birth injury law firm, Sokolove Law has the resources, skills, and experience necessary to help you file an Erb’s palsy lawsuit in Worcester.
By working with our Erb’s palsy lawyers, you may be able to:
- Hold negligent medical professionals responsible for their mistakes
- Seek justice for what happened to your family
- Pursue financial compensation that can help pay for your child’s medical expenses
- Help prevent other families from experiencing the same pain
Let our Erb's palsy lawyers fight for you. Call (800) 995-1212 or fill out our contact form to get started today.
Our Massachusetts Offices
44 School Street, Suite 400
Boston, MA 02108
1330 Boylston Street, Suite 400
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
Worcester Erb's Palsy Attorney FAQs
Is Erb’s palsy caused by medical malpractice?
While Erb’s palsy does not always result from medical negligence, the majority of Erb’s palsy cases are caused by a preventable birth injury.
For example, Erb’s palsy is often caused by excessive pulling on a child during a difficult delivery.
Fill out our contact form to learn if you may be eligible to pursue compensation that can help pay for your child’s care and more.
Who can sue for Erb’s palsy in Worcester?
You may be able to file a Worcester Erb’s palsy lawsuit if:
- Your child has Erb’s palsy
- Their condition was caused by a birth injury
- A medical professional contributed to the cause
We have registered nurses on staff that can listen to your story and help you determine if a medical professional may be at fault for your child’s injury.
Call (800) 995-1212 to learn more about your legal options. Our team is here to answer any questions you may have.
How much does an Erb’s palsy attorney in Worcester cost?
At Sokolove Law, there are no hourly fees or out-of-pocket costs to work with our Worcester Erb’s palsy attorneys.
We work on a contingency-fee basis, which means we only get paid if your case results in compensation.
How long do I have to file an Erb’s palsy lawsuit in Worcester, MA?
You only have a limited amount of time to file a Worcester Erb’s palsy lawsuit due to unique laws in each state known as the statute of limitations.
Once this deadline passes, you won’t be able to sue for a birth injury again.
At Sokolove Law, we offer free, no-obligation case reviews. Fill out our contact form now to learn more about the legal options available to you.
Sokolove Law Affiliations & Recognition
Our Professional Affiliations
- American Association of Justice
- Massachusetts State Bar Association
- National Trial Lawyers - Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys
- U.S. News & World Report - 2022 Best Law Firms / Best Lawyers
- Martindale-Hubbell - 2022 Peer-Reviewed for Ethical Standards and Legal Ability
Sokolove Law Local Reviews
- Better Business Bureau® (BBB) - A+ Rating since 2013
- Average Google Rating: 4.6/5
Local Service Areas
- Fall River
- New Bedford
- And more
Worcester Neighborhoods We Serve
- Beaver Brook
- Bell Hill
- Brittan Square
- Broadmeadow Brook
- Cambridge Street
- Canal District
- Central Worcester
- Cider Mill
- College Hill
- Columbus Park
- Crown Hill
- Downtown Worcester
- Elm Park
- Federal Square
- Forest Grove
- Grafton Hill
- Great Brook Valley
- Green Hill
- Green Island
- Hadwen Park
- Indian Hill
- Indian Lake East
- Lincoln Estate
- Lincoln Square
- Main South
- Mill Street
- Newton Square
- North Lincoln Street
- North Worcester
- Quinsigamond Village
- Salisbury Street
- South Worcester
- The Summit
- Union Hill
- University Park
- Vernon Hill
- Webster Square
- West Tatnuck
- Worcester Common
Worcester Zip Codes We Serve
List of Worcester Hospitals and Their Safety Grades
The Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade is a letter grade that scores hospitals based on how well they protect patients from errors, injuries, accidents, and infections.
When compared to an A-rated hospital, your chance of dying increases by 35% in a B-rated hospital and 88% in a C-rated hospital. This research was conducted at the Armstrong Institute for Patient Safety and Quality, Johns Hopkins Medicine.
- St. Vincent Hospital
123 Summer Street
Worcester, MA 01608
Hospital Safety Grade: C
- UMass Memorial Medical Center — Memorial Campus
119 Belmont Street
Worcester, MA 01605
Hospital Safety Grade: C
- UMass Memorial Medical Center — University Campus
55 Lake Avenue N.
Worcester, MA 01655
Hospital Safety Grade: C