Only a few law firms specialize in handling asbestos and mesothelioma lawsuits. A mesothelioma law firm focuses on supporting patients and their families through the legal process. Skilled mesothelioma attorneys work with their clients to help them receive compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and other living expenses.
What to Know About Mesothelioma Law Firms
Mesothelioma law firms specialize in handling asbestos and mesothelioma lawsuits. These firms work on behalf of those who were wrongly exposed to asbestos and became ill as a result.
About Our Mesothelioma Law Firm
Sokolove Law was founded by Jim Sokolove in 1979. His vision and drive helped bring justice and compensation to thousands.
Sokolove Law is a nationally recognized law firm with attorneys in almost every state. Our goal is to maximize the compensation that a mesothelioma victim may be entitled to.
To date, Sokolove Law has recovered over $4.3 Billion for more than 6,000 victims. We are ready to help you, too.
Why Should You Hire a Mesothelioma Law Firm?
Hiring a law firm to represent your legal interests is a very important decision. You may be going through the pain of a recent diagnosis or the grief that comes with losing a loved one.
During emotionally draining times like these, it is vital that you focus on the important things in life: the health and well-being of you and your family.
However, the costs of treatment may only be partially covered by insurance. Before long, these expenses can drain a family of their resources.
To that end, mesothelioma patients and their families often turn to experienced law firms for help. While you focus on your emotional and physical well-being, the law firm should take care of the legal matters to help ease your financial burden.
Mesothelioma law firms will help you receive compensation for your illness.
This compensation can help pay for:
- Counseling and support services
- Funeral costs
- Living expenses
- Medical treatments and surgeries
- Physical therapy
- Travel expenses associated with treatment
- Wages lost due to inability to work
They will also bring justice to companies who wrongly exposed people to asbestos.
For decades, companies made and sold asbestos products even though they knew the potential dangers. This was a calculated move done only to make a profit.
As a result of their corporate greed, thousands of people have died from mesothelioma.
Local vs National Law Firms
When choosing a firm to work with, some people may want to work with a local firm they know.
At first, hiring a national law firm may seem scary or intimidating. Some may think that big firms cannot give personalized attention.
In fact, the exact opposite is true in many cases. National mesothelioma law firms help clients get the most value out of their claim. Local law firms may not know how to properly handle mesothelioma claims.
Experienced national law firms have helped thousands of families through the legal process. As a result, they are well-equipped to handle almost any case.
National mesothelioma law firms have:
- Access to extensive resources and information to make the most convincing case
- Spent years — or even decades — handling mesothelioma cases
- The ability to file a claim in any state, maximizing the value of a case
- The experience needed to increase a potential claim’s value
Good mesothelioma lawyers will see their clients as people, not dollar signs, and treat them accordingly.
Attorneys at national firms handle each case with great sensitivity to a client’s needs. They will work with you on an individual basis and tailor the way they handle the case based on your needs.
With that in mind, here is what you should look for when trying to find the law firm that is right for you.
What to Look for in a Mesothelioma Law Firm
- Years of Experience: How many years of experience does the law firm have? Are they relatively new? A more experienced firm will have more resources to help clients.
- Types and Number of Cases Handled: What types of cases does the firm take? Do they handle only mesothelioma or other asbestos-related disease cases, too? How many mesothelioma cases have they handled in the past?
- Contingency Fee: A good mesothelioma law firm will work on what is known as a “contingency basis.” This means they will not ask for payments up front and will only collect a fee if and when the case is successful.
- National Reach: Does the law firm have a nationwide network of attorneys that will work for you, regardless of your location or situation? When choosing a mesothelioma law firm, you want one that can file a claim in any state. The ability to do this may increase the value of your case.
- Previous Outcomes of Cases: You need to understand the law firm’s track record and history of success. Do their cases settle out of court? Do they go to trial? And if they do, does the firm tend to win or lose? Were appeals filed?
- Travel: A good mesothelioma law firm will have its lawyers come to you regardless of your location. They should know that mesothelioma requires long periods of treatment and that travel is often not an option for patients. During their visit, mesothelioma lawyers will get to know more about you and the details of your potential case.
- Human Element: Does this firm have enough time for you? Will they be able to give you the personalized attention that you deserve? When choosing a law firm, you want one that genuinely wants to help its clients — not just make money.
- Comfort Level: When discussing your case, reflect on your comfort level. Does the lawyer understand you? Are they respectful of you and your family? The best law firms will have legal teams that make their clients comfortable and confident in the aid they are receiving.
Questions to Ask a Potential Mesothelioma Law Firm
If you are considering pursuing a legal claim, it is vital that you interview a potential law firm and check their past experience in mesothelioma claims, cases, and settlements.
It is also important to have questions prepared for the mesothelioma law firm you are interviewing.
Here are examples of questions to ask, and our answers:
- How many years of experience does your mesothelioma law firm have?
Sokolove Law has over 40 years of experience handling mesothelioma cases.
- How many mesothelioma cases or claims has your law firm handled?
Sokolove Law has handled over 6,000 mesothelioma cases.
- What are the typical outcomes of your mesothelioma cases?
The average mesothelioma case settlement is $1 Million, and we have recovered over $4.3 Billion for our clients.
- Will my case be handled on an individual basis or “bundled” with several other similar cases?
The lawyers at Sokolove Law We handle every case individually unless it is in your best financial interest.
- Will I be able to speak with members of your law firm as needed? Will my calls be returned promptly and my questions answered clearly?
Sokolove Law has a team of hardworking case managers who will walk with you through the entire process, and our lawyers do the exact same thing. Our case managers are available 24/7 — even during the holidays. When you work with our law firm, you are part of our family.
- Does your mesothelioma law firm handle cases in every state?
We have a nationwide network of attorneys and lawyers who will share their research and expertise to build a solid case on your behalf.
- How much do I have to pay you to represent me and when will I have to pay?
We work on what is called a “contingency basis,” which means that you pay absolutely nothing upfront. Our lawyers are only paid if they succeed in recovering compensation for you and your loved ones.
Remember, it is in your best interest to be comfortable with the mesothelioma law firm and attorneys that handle your case.
How Sokolove Law Measures Up
The legal team at Sokolove Law believes in your rights. Now more than ever, we believe that victims deserve justice.
Sokolove Law was founded to provide everyone with equal access to the justice system — not just the wealthy or well-connected.
For far too long, big companies have been allowed to get away with putting profits ahead of people. Not anymore.
Sokolove Law is a unique law firm. We are not restricted to filing lawsuits in certain states. We can file wherever a mesothelioma or asbestos-related claim can be best litigated.
Our network of mesothelioma attorneys provides victims with legal access, regardless of location, income, or race.
Top Reasons to Choose Sokolove Law
By choosing Sokolove Law, you are putting to work a law firm that cares about the people it serves. We take pride in our practice because we believe in the mission of helping people through extremely difficult times.
When you work with us, you gain a partner with:
- More than 40 years of experience in asbestos and mesothelioma litigation
- A track record of helping more than 6,000 mesothelioma patients and their families
- A nationwide network of attorneys that can file your claim in any state
- Warehouses’ worth of documents that have helped us win cases
- The latest tools, knowledge, and information about mesothelioma
- Access to medical experts who work with mesothelioma patients
- Caring, thoughtful attorneys who put your needs before their own, and work with you
- Your best interests in mind
Above all, by choosing Sokolove Law, you are putting to work a law firm that cares about the people it serves. We take pride in our practice because we believe in the mission of helping people through extremely difficult times.
We are ready to help you. Request a free legal case review today.